Plus pos frame ordered last night and label made at 4am

mbkcoach
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2523 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

44 minutes ago, mbkcoach said:

I hadn't one bend and crack on me last summer with a d1 pitcher and ball coming off bat right to my mask. I will be wearing my aluminum wilson doing that college summer wood bat league for now on. 

Took several shots to my aluminum Wilson dynalite in summer wood bar league this past summer. No issues. 

I took this topic thread and OP as a hopeful sign, like Noah seeing the dove returning with a fresh twig. Maybe the worst was over, and we could have +POS products again...

So I visited the site... and the ZRO-G masks are on sale?!?! 

I couldn't get my order info in fast enough. I'd be willing to throw a few bucks into limbo at the chance of getting this mask again. But what followed next simply delighted me...

IMG_2796.PNG

I made the order on the 21st. It would seem that an actual human travelled to a post office in Illinois and put my order out in the mail.

IMG_2805.PNG

And, in a few short hours, it will be in my mailbox. I have, of course, broadcast this to my fellow umpires here in the Valley, and have no doubt there will be a run on these masks in the next few days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tpatience said:

Sounds like he's really trying to get back in the game. Good for him 

I'm heavily encouraged by this... I'm actually considering taking a shot at the +POS Cobra and ordering one in, if for anything to evaluate it. I certainly don't want to replace my Schutt XV, but I have a hunch that the Cobra is a top-notch CP, designed and produced so as to give an All-Star or an UnEqual a run for their money.

Perhaps if he gets more consistent and reliable in his order fulfillment, he could be approached and convinced by guys like @kylejt (and myself) to re-introduce the MAG magnesium mask he had on the market a few years ago. All-Star has their money behind the FM4000Mag for catchers, I'd love to see the +POS MAG, for umpires, back on the diamonds alongside it.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, MadMax said:

I'm heavily encouraged by this... I'm actually considering taking a shot at the +POS Cobra and ordering one in, if for anything to evaluate it. I certainly don't want to replace my Schutt XV, but I have a hunch that the Cobra is a top-notch CP, designed and produced so as to give an All-Star or an UnEqual a run for their money.

Do it please, Max!

• Like 1

I took the plunge and ordered some stuff today. Within 30 minutes i had an order acknowledgement, and within 3 hrs a shipping notice with a tracking number. Nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The latest acquisition – a ZRO-G in charcoal grey with black foam pads, and a  sun visor – is now here (got here last week). The sun visor was already installed when I received it (Dan and/or his assistants are putting personal touch on these), but I took the pads out and put my TWs in. The pads are fairly good, and went to a colleague to replace his default (wimpy) Champro pads. This allows me to send my Nike to Tony at MaskIt to be repaired, and still have two functional black-trim masks for the intense lineup of games I have in the next month.

With this rapid an order fulfillment, I've channeled no less than 4 colleagues here to get ZRO-G's from +POS while the sale is going on.

• Like 2