Register or Sign In to remove these ads
kylehutson

Pitcher's glove

14 posts in this topic

I don't do NCAA (at least, not yet) and am unfamiliar with some of the rules differences. I work for the university that posted this: https://twitter.com/KStateBSB/status/838505463004082176

My first thought was "isn't that a grey swoosh on the pitcher's glove? Isn't that illegal?"

Is that not an NCAA rule? Or maybe it's just the light coming off the glove weird, but wouldn't reflective be illegal as well?

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

The pitcher’s glove may not be white or gray, exclusive of piping nor, in the judgment of the umpire, be distracting in any way�

PENALTY for d�—  A violator shall be given reasonable time to correct the situation� If it is not done, the violator shall be ejected from the game�

8 hours ago, MidAmUmp said:

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Giant swoosh. Nike taking advantage of the "except on logos" in some interpretations. 

Looks good to me - I had to really look to see what I was supposed to look at. That isn't distracting

All of the above is why I posted the rule for the OP to read.  I do get why some *might* have the logo as distracting (under certain lights / etc -- and having not seen the actual glove), but in general it's a nit I would not pick

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

There is nothing wrong with this glove... it cant be white or grey to exclude the piping.

That's not piping and it's gray.

22 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

That's not piping and it's gray.

the logo has nothing to do with the rule.. THIS IS A LEGAL GLOVE.. LEAVE THIS ALONE.

2 people like this

Hell, .......I'm allowing that in a high school game! :nod: 

On 3/14/2017 at 3:00 PM, Haid D' Salaami said:

the logo has nothing to do with the rule.. THIS IS A LEGAL GLOVE.. LEAVE THIS ALONE.

Why is it legal? It has a large expanse of gray and the gray is not the excepted piping.

33 minutes ago, Rich Ives said:

Why is it legal? It has a large expanse of gray and the gray is not the excepted piping.

I believe the rule is more geared to prevent the usage of gloves like this by a pitcher, the rule is not made to make a pitcher with a black glove change it. 

z-whitegrey.jpg

a2000_ot6_overlay_back_600_ss.png

9d884350f3a4fa130f25b20e20a51ab5.jpg

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Rich Ives said:

The Nike swoosh is gray, ...so what?

I'd like to see your reaction when an umpire disallows your pitcher using that glove.  You'd have a fit, and you know it.

1 person likes this

On 3/10/2017 at 6:44 AM, kylehutson said:

Or maybe it's just the light coming off the glove weird, but wouldn't reflective be illegal as well?

I see what you are referring to... it does appear to be somewhat reflective... I might, MIGHT have an issue with that on a sunny day if it was beaming into my eyes but other than that there is no way I am picking this bugger normally.