Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Aging_Arbiter

SWMBO- The Saga Continues

Going through the bags last week and getting ready for another season when SWMBO walks into the room.....

SWMBO: What are you doing?!?!

Me: Just going through my gear and getting organized

SWMBO:  No, I mean, why are you packing those plate shoes?  The heels are worn down!

Me: But they're comfortable, reliable and still look good

SWMBO:  You need new ones

Me:  Can you hand me my phone?...........

Just got the NEW new Balance.............

• Like 3

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

I don't foresee this conversation EVER happening at my house.

Don't get me wrong - she doesn't much care if I buy something either, as long as I'm not taking money from the household account to do it. I just don't see her looking at my "stuff" that closely.

3 hours ago, kylehutson said:

I don't foresee this conversation EVER happening at my house.

Don't get me wrong - she doesn't much care if I buy something either, as long as I'm not taking money from the household account to do it. I just don't see her looking at my "stuff" that closely.

What a shame that no one is looking at your "stuff" too closely.... heh heh heh!

When you're as ugly as I am, you're just happy to have a SWMBO.

• Like 1

I am VERY fortunate. It started out years ago as "Ump identifies a GLM".  So she knew what she was getting into from day 1 at the ball field.  In previous "saga" renditions, I believe that I mentioned when the oldest boy was in HS, I was getting more "why did they do that" questions instead of being able to watch his game.  Fast forward......She went to our local LL district clinic. 4 days x 3 hour sessions. She doesn't ask anymore.  As UIC of my local LL, if I'm on a field, she'll make rounds to other fields to check on the umpires.  It's pretty funny that ALL OF THE GUYS KNOW that when they see her, I'll get a report if they were out of position on a call, not hustling, etc...... plus she'll grab water for them on a hot day.  I've had a hanger crease in one leg of my trousers and had to take them off at the front door, while she ironed the crease out.  She's even shut down the "PRO" dad's in the bleachers by offering to get them information on how to become an umpire. Boy did they shut up quick.  Actually had a mom stop one day and ask if I could bring SWMBO back the next day to keep her husband from embarrassing her again.

Yes, VERY fortunate.

• Like 5

I too have a SWMBO that is VERY understanding and appreciates what I do.  Granted, ... my game fees go into an account that is used for our annual Fall vacation, so she gets the benefits too!!    The good thing is, she's concerned about me getting hurt too, so she always asks me if my equipment is good and up to date.  I real keeper for sure! :D 

My most recent Ex-SWMBO didn't appreciate me working 400-500+ games a year. Working on a new SWMBO and a, (slightly), reduced schedule.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, KenBAZ said:

My most recent Ex-SWMBO didn't appreciate me working 400-500+ games a year.

I told you to quit missing those mixed doubles shuffleboard matches with ex-SWMBO.

The women take that game seriously.

• Like 2