Jackets on the Plate

JSam21
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2309 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

For the Big 12 and the B10, the jackets are black--the old one with the shoulder stripes (default,) or either convertible jacket--the one with the white on the sides and horizontal across the front, or the all-black Majestic.

I believe the Pac12 is the same.

I love the convertible jacket on the dish! So nice and airy.

6 hours ago, JSam21 said:

I would love to see an info graph on what the approved uniforms are for the power 6 conferences 

I only know of 5 power conferences. Did they add another while I was loopy from my broken ribs?

9 hours ago, JSam21 said:

Watching the UCSB vs UK game and Ump Attire's @Scott Kennedy Is working the plate in what appears to be a short sleeved jacket. This might be the first time I've seen this behind the plate.

Looks like he was wearing poly spandex

• Like 1

On March 5, 2017 at 0:39 PM, JSam21 said:

Watching the UCSB vs UK game and Ump Attire's @Scott Kennedy Is working the plate in what appears to be a short sleeved jacket. This might be the first time I've seen this behind the plate.

Nice catch @JSam21. Scott is always trending in some form or fashion.

Majestic convertible jacket is the jacket he's wearing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimKirk said:

They never made those in 4x did they? If they did... have any laying around the warehouse @JimKirk?

9 hours ago, JimKirk said:

So was he wearing the poly spandex?  I've worn them a few times now and other umpires love the way they look.

8 hours ago, umpstu said:

So was he wearing the poly spandex?  I've worn them a few times now and other umpires love the way they look.

I'm going to assume that he was.

12 hours ago, umpstu said:

Yes, he's wearing the poly spandex. They do look sharp for sure. Really glad you like yours and thanks for saying so.

scott-kennedy-uk-ucsb.jpg

Only complaint I have heard was from a Davis Guy...pants that is. He felt they were too dark...almost black. Most guys in my association wear the Davis pants...I don't like the of the fabric or how narrow the base pants fit. Plus they seem to fade really fast. I didn't really notice a difference between the two pants(Davis/Smitty) as we had guys wearing both. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWA_UMP said:

Only complaint I have heard was from a Davis Guy...pants that is. He felt they were too dark...almost black. Most guys in my association wear the Davis pants...I don't like the of the fabric or how narrow the base pants fit. Plus they seem to fade really fast. I didn't really notice a difference between the two pants(Davis/Smitty) as we had guys wearing both. 

If you like green pants after one season go with GD pants.

On 3/5/2017 at 9:06 PM, BT_Blue said:

I only know of 5 power conferences. Did they add another while I was loopy from my broken ribs?

The Big South, where the 2016 reigning CWS Champions hang their hats this year, after defeating teams from those 3 sissy Conferences you must be referring to from last year.

Maybe the "power" button that must have short circuited last year, will return for the sissy's this year.

• Like 2