2017 Mid-American Umpire Clinic & Advanced Clinic

MidAmUmp
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2390 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

We have launched our redesigned website for 2017.

The Mid-American Umpire Clinic will be September 7-10 & The Mid-American Advanced Umpire Clinic will be September 14-17. Both will be held in Springfield, Missouri at the international award winning Oasis Hotel & Convention Center and the full-turf US Ballpark in Ozark, Missouri.

For details, registration and payment, visit our website at www.midamericanumpireclinic.com

• Like 7

• MidAmUmp pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

We are taking shirt sizes on the clinic registration form in the event one of the clinic gifts is a t-shirt. We may choose other items instead, but we'd rather have the sizes if we need them as opposed to tracking them down later and not getting a response from everyone registered.

That said, if we decide on t-shirts, I can get sizes larger than 2XL.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:04 AM, MidAmUmp said:

We are taking shirt sizes on the clinic registration form in the event one of the clinic gifts is a t-shirt. We may choose other items instead, but we'd rather have the sizes if we need them as opposed to tracking them down later and not getting a response from everyone registered.

That said, if we decide on t-shirts, I can get sizes larger than 2XL.

I signed up as I've said... Put me down for a 4x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI to anyone considering attending either the Mid-American Umpire Clinic or Mid-American Advanced Umpire Clinic...Both clinics are very close to selling out. Normally we don't sell out until mid-August but registrations have come in much earlier this year. If you are planning on attending, you need to act now and lock in your spot. 

• Like 1

As I'm in the planning stages now, paid my deposit and have my room booked, what would past attendees suggest bringing? How many shirts? I'm guessing business casual for the get together and first night of classroom work? 

On 7/12/2017 at 8:08 PM, JSam21 said:

As I'm in the planning stages now, paid my deposit and have my room booked, what would past attendees suggest bringing? How many shirts? I'm guessing business casual for the get together and first night of classroom work? 

You don't need to bring your entire closet. A couple black and/or lt blue jerseys will be fine. We send out an email prior to the camp answering these questions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Guys... if you are in the Midwest... you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't attend this clinic. Honestly it was one of the best learning experiences I've had. Definitely was a lightbulb moment for me. It was also incredibly fun to be around so many guys who are passionate about the craft. I'm penciling in a return for 2018

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1