Vanity, Vanity, All Is Van... Oo Look, a New Visor!

MadMax
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2564 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

http://www.force3progear.com/product/pro-mask-sun-shield/

Force3 trotted out a brand-new visor for their Defender TM, and of course, it's designed to fit to the unique geometry of the Defender's upper cage. There are two tab slots instead of one, and there is a notch to accommodate the centerline mounting clip. It even has the Force3 logo (which should, and hopefully someday will, supplant the Big Yellow W) laser-engraved.

I'm shocked I beat @gnhbua93 in this announcement. If/when I get a Defender TM, though, it will surely have one of these on it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

You beat me to it and Mark Wegner beat us both. He is using it at the USA vs. DR WBC game tonight. That thing looks awesome!

I wasnt paying close enough attention. Was Wegner wearing a Force3 today? Or just the new visor?

1 minute ago, gnhbua93 said:

Yes, he was wearing a Force3 Defender mask. He switched to it last season along with his crew chief.

Man! I never even noticed! And I like watching Wegner work too.

So now there is Winters and Wegner rocking the Defender. I wonder how many more will make the switch?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, udbrky said:

Wish it would've been out a month or so ago when I made an order, now it won't let me order. @JimKirk Is it not possible to do just the visor? 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Replacement-Mask-Pads-Straps/F3-MSUN_Force3-Sun-Visor-for-Defender-Masks?id=809 ?

50 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

Yes, it fits the V1. I have it in mine.

I'm shocked.  

So now the critical question – will these "rebels" be able to show the Force3 logo on their chin tabs, will they (still) have to manually obscure it, or is Force3 accommodating an oppressive, arcane, out-of-date Arrangement by producing pads for these fine gentlemen devoid of chin-tab artwork?

9 hours ago, udbrky said:

@JimKirk I couldn't get just that - it said it had to weigh more than 0 pounds.

Now I understand. We made a rookie mistake.

To get a shipping quote on the site, an item ordered by itself has to have a weight. We neglected to add a weight for this product.

Now fixed. Thanks for heads up.

• Like 1

Just now, JimKirk said:

Now I understand. We made a rookie mistake.

To get a shipping quote on the site, an item ordered by itself has to have a weight. We neglected to add a weight for this product.

Now fixed. Thanks for heads up.

Awesome! Thanks

• 5 weeks later...