Register or Sign In to remove these ads
MadMax

Vanity, Vanity, All Is Van... Oo Look, a New Visor!

21 posts in this topic

http://www.force3progear.com/product/pro-mask-sun-shield/

Force3 trotted out a brand-new visor for their Defender TM, and of course, it's designed to fit to the unique geometry of the Defender's upper cage. There are two tab slots instead of one, and there is a notch to accommodate the centerline mounting clip. It even has the Force3 logo (which should, and hopefully someday will, supplant the Big Yellow W) laser-engraved.

I'm shocked I beat @gnhbua93 in this announcement. If/when I get a Defender TM, though, it will surely have one of these on it.

1 person likes this

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

You beat me to it and Mark Wegner beat us both. He is using it at the USA vs. DR WBC game tonight. That thing looks awesome!

25 minutes ago, Umpire_ar said:

What new visor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peep the link Max posted. 

9 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

You beat me to it and Mark Wegner beat us both. He is using it at the USA vs. DR WBC game tonight. That thing looks awesome!

I wasnt paying close enough attention. Was Wegner wearing a Force3 today? Or just the new visor?

4 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

I wasnt paying close enough attention. Was Wegner wearing a Force3 today? Or just the new visor?

Yes, he was wearing a Force3 Defender mask. He switched to it last season along with his crew chief.

1 minute ago, gnhbua93 said:

Yes, he was wearing a Force3 Defender mask. He switched to it last season along with his crew chief.

Man! I never even noticed! And I like watching Wegner work too.

So now there is Winters and Wegner rocking the Defender. I wonder how many more will make the switch?

1 person likes this

Also Cervelli and Lavarnway are wearing it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Does it fit v1 or am I getting convinced to upgrade?

2 hours ago, udbrky said:

Yes, it fits the V1. I have it in mine.

1 person likes this

Wish it would've been out a month or so ago when I made an order, now it won't let me order. @JimKirk Is it not possible to do just the visor? 

47 minutes ago, udbrky said:

Wish it would've been out a month or so ago when I made an order, now it won't let me order. @JimKirk Is it not possible to do just the visor? 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Replacement-Mask-Pads-Straps/F3-MSUN_Force3-Sun-Visor-for-Defender-Masks?id=809 ?

50 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

Yes, it fits the V1. I have it in mine.

I'm shocked.  

3 hours ago, udbrky said:

Upgrade, I also upgraded to the V2. Now, my V1 will be my back up mask.

1 person likes this

@JimKirk I couldn't get just that - it said it had to weigh more than 0 pounds.

So now the critical question – will these "rebels" be able to show the Force3 logo on their chin tabs, will they (still) have to manually obscure it, or is Force3 accommodating an oppressive, arcane, out-of-date Arrangement by producing pads for these fine gentlemen devoid of chin-tab artwork?

9 hours ago, udbrky said:

@JimKirk I couldn't get just that - it said it had to weigh more than 0 pounds.

Now I understand. We made a rookie mistake.

To get a shipping quote on the site, an item ordered by itself has to have a weight. We neglected to add a weight for this product.

Now fixed. Thanks for heads up.

1 person likes this

Just now, JimKirk said:

Now I understand. We made a rookie mistake.

To get a shipping quote on the site, an item ordered by itself has to have a weight. We neglected to add a weight for this product.

Now fixed. Thanks for heads up.

Awesome! Thanks

Put this on last week and have done a couple plates with it. I worked in some rain yesterday, and it helps keep it out of your eyes too.