Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MountainBrookMavericks

Baseball Economics 101

3 posts in this topic

Apologies if this is a tacky question, but what's the going rate for an umpire in Cooperstown?  First week in June?  We want to be fair but we have no context of a fair price for the umpire (or us).  Any insight would be appreciated -- thanks!

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Good Day, and welcome to you and your inquiry. From the read, you are a team? Have you already "contracted" an umpire or are you still seeking one? The Dreams Park requires you, as a team, to "bring an umpire", as this allows the Park to operate the nearly 500 games per 5-day week it hosts. We, as a baseball community, understand that not every team can locate a local umpire to bring along with them on their trip, but this sort of cost is what is used as a benchmark or starting point – if you were to bring one, what sort of costs would you/he/she incur (travel, amenities, etc.)?

Numerous umpires are available to you. Most are coming from other locales, while some practically live nearby to Cooperstown or are onsite several weeks. Week One is a little short notice, but you will likely find somebody. Two words of advice – please keep the negotiated sponsorship amount private between you and any umpires you contact or who contact you. The number is negotiable, but please understand, this process doesn't function like buying, or renting, a car.

Second, this is _very_ important to all parties involved... deal only with the umpire whom you will be potentially sponsoring. Do not send or pay a single dollar to a guy who contacts you saying "he'll find you an umpire". There are two persona-non-gratis (guys who are not welcome or allowed to visit the Park) who try to act as "booking agents" and will hit you up for a couple hundred dollars just to have you pay another few hundred dollars to some guy they called up and may or may not meet you on Opening Saturday. Nope, don't do it.

There are many guys who advertise their availability here on U-E if you are still seeking one out. Good luck and enjoy your visit to Cooperstown!

3 people like this

hi are u still looking for a umpire for week 1    my name is mike my email  mikemang7@hotmail.com   cell 631 880 0990 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Umpire in Chief
      The official on-field shoe for MLB umpires for the 2017 season, the MU460v3 New Balance Umpire Plate Shoes are designed for that extra look of authority with its hi-gloss finish that is easy to clean while maintaining the comfort, breathability and traction you expect in an on-field athletic shoe.
      The redesigned floating instep guard provides advanced features. First, it provides maximum protection where you need it most, on the inside of your feet, without the extra bulk on the outside where you don't. Second, it "releases" from the top making it easier to take on and off and to lace your shoelaces. Third, there is a mesh strap that creates space between your shoe and guard for air to flow.
      This mid-cut style is all-black with MLB logo on the tongue and heel and with NB logo on sole.
      FEATURES
      Dispersion Instep Guard provides more inner foot protection ABZORB® - a blend of Dupont™ Engage® and Isoprene rubber - in heel and forefoot provides superior shock absorption and cushioning throughout the game Strategically placed mesh strap on inside of metatarsal guard that promotes air flow and breathability Guard releases for easy on/off Mid-cut provides greater ankle support Hi-gloss is easy to clean / polishable Snug-fit integrated neoprene sock liner provides additional comfort between foot and hard toe Nubby outsole for enhanced traction 23.1 ounces The official plate shoes for MLB umpires For baseball or softball
    • By jwegrzyn
      Hi,

I am available to be your team's umpire for week #5 of the 2017 season of Cooperstown Dreams Park. 

This will be my 11th summer at CDP! Let me help to make your team's experience the best it can be while at Cooperstown.

Please contact me for specifics. You can reach me at my email:

jwegrzyn@earthlink.net,

or call my home phone: (845) 687-3688

or my cell phone: (845) 332-7338.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Rollie (Jim Wegrzyn)   
    • By Paul McKeen
      APPROVED UMPIRE AVAILABLE FOR WEEKS 1 AND 10.  
      Veteran umpire available to represent your team for the 2017 season. Available weeks 1 and 10. I am close to the park and my travel expenses are reasonable.
      Please contact me at 617.799.5216 or email at paulmckk@gmail.com
      Thank You,

Paul McKeen
      Stoughton, MA
    • By BaseballDudester
      Experienced Cooperstown umpire, I am wanting to go on Week 2 and if other teams need me for more Ill be able to cover them for other weeks. Contact me on here or email me at baseballdudester@gmail.com 
      Thanks,
      Sam

• By sd181612
      As I have mentioned before I look up to and admire Jim Wolf, and it would be awesome if I could contact him somehow. I know it sound corny but I grew up watching him ump games and whatnot.
      Thanks.