Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
MountainBrookMavericks

Baseball Economics 101

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

Good Day, and welcome to you and your inquiry. From the read, you are a team? Have you already "contracted" an umpire or are you still seeking one? The Dreams Park requires you, as a team, to "bring an umpire", as this allows the Park to operate the nearly 500 games per 5-day week it hosts. We, as a baseball community, understand that not every team can locate a local umpire to bring along with them on their trip, but this sort of cost is what is used as a benchmark or starting point – if you were to bring one, what sort of costs would you/he/she incur (travel, amenities, etc.)?

Numerous umpires are available to you. Most are coming from other locales, while some practically live nearby to Cooperstown or are onsite several weeks. Week One is a little short notice, but you will likely find somebody. Two words of advice – please keep the negotiated sponsorship amount private between you and any umpires you contact or who contact you. The number is negotiable, but please understand, this process doesn't function like buying, or renting, a car.

Second, this is _very_ important to all parties involved... deal only with the umpire whom you will be potentially sponsoring. Do not send or pay a single dollar to a guy who contacts you saying "he'll find you an umpire". There are two persona-non-gratis (guys who are not welcome or allowed to visit the Park) who try to act as "booking agents" and will hit you up for a couple hundred dollars just to have you pay another few hundred dollars to some guy they called up and may or may not meet you on Opening Saturday. Nope, don't do it.

There are many guys who advertise their availability here on U-E if you are still seeking one out. Good luck and enjoy your visit to Cooperstown!

• Like 3

hi are u still looking for a umpire for week 1    my name is mike my email  mikemang7@hotmail.com   cell 631 880 0990 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By BlueBrent
      I just returned home from another phenomenal summer at Cooperstown Dreams Park. I have become a regular attendee of this tournament and am currently looking for teams to represent in 2018.
      While at Cooperstown Dreams Park I have been assigned as Crew Chief and the Championship Game. I'm also a high school certified umpire.
      Along with fulfilling your umpire needs your team will also add yet another fan for this once in a lifetime experience.

I look forward to returning each year and my availability books quickly.
      For more information, please feel free to contact me directly.
      (262)227-9635 or bwc0877@gmail.com
    • By Jim Serafin
      Hello to all, 
      My name is Jim Serafin and i'm an umpire from New Jersey. I will be in cooperstown dreams park and i will also be available for all star village weeks 1-10 next summer and am SO FAR available all ten as of right now.(this will change very quickly as coaches have already started asking). I have worked BOTH all star village and dreams park in the past. I see myself as someone who enjoys what he does. If you want I can get you a long list of very trustworthy and reliable references. My cell phone number is (201)- 800-2627 and my email is serafin.james22@gmail.com. Price is negotiable of course. Please don't hesitate to call. Thanks.
      Jim Serafin
    • By CarterCaplanTheUmp
      Hi all,
      My name is Carter Caplan and I am a CDP Umpire. I am looking to represent your team for Week 12 this year (August 19-24th). I drive to CDP and my rate is very affordable. I have references if you wish to see them. I try and help make the Cooperstown Dreams Park experience the best it can for not only the players, but the coaches, and fans of your team as well. I have my own trading pins I give out to all of the players as well. I was at CDP for 5 weeks back in 2016 and 2 weeks so far earlier this summer. If you are looking for an umpire please contact me at carter.caplan3@aol.com or by phone at 301-580-0621.
      Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Carter Caplan
    • By BrianC14
      http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/heroic-mlb-umpire-steve-palermo-dies-67-article-1.3165049
    • By Umpire in Chief
      The official on-field shoe for MLB umpires for the 2017 season, the MU460v3 New Balance Umpire Plate Shoes are designed for that extra look of authority with its hi-gloss finish that is easy to clean while maintaining the comfort, breathability and traction you expect in an on-field athletic shoe.
      The redesigned floating instep guard provides advanced features. First, it provides maximum protection where you need it most, on the inside of your feet, without the extra bulk on the outside where you don't. Second, it "releases" from the top making it easier to take on and off and to lace your shoelaces. Third, there is a mesh strap that creates space between your shoe and guard for air to flow.
      This mid-cut style is all-black with MLB logo on the tongue and heel and with NB logo on sole.
      FEATURES
      Dispersion Instep Guard provides more inner foot protection ABZORB® - a blend of Dupont™ Engage® and Isoprene rubber - in heel and forefoot provides superior shock absorption and cushioning throughout the game Strategically placed mesh strap on inside of metatarsal guard that promotes air flow and breathability Guard releases for easy on/off Mid-cut provides greater ankle support Hi-gloss is easy to clean / polishable Snug-fit integrated neoprene sock liner provides additional comfort between foot and hard toe Nubby outsole for enhanced traction 23.1 ounces The official plate shoes for MLB umpires For baseball or softball