they wonder why they quit

dumbdumb
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2619 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

All around atrocious. I would hope that all umpires would refuse to call games at that park for the statement they put out.

And the judge still deflects blame towards the umpire...I want to see those guys put their money where there mouth is and strap it on for a few games with hothead coaches at the helm. I'd be more than happy to play 'know-it-all' coach for a game...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ALStripes17 said:

All around atrocious. I would hope that all umpires would refuse to call games at that park for the statement they put out.

And the judge still deflects blame towards the umpire...I want to see those guys put their money where there mouth is and strap it on for a few games with hothead coaches at the helm. I'd be more than happy to play 'know-it-all' coach for a game...

Back in the coaching days, we had fellow coaches work the plate for games.  Team A vs. Team B and Team C had to supply a plate umpire.

One game a dad was giving the plate ump a hard time.  Between innings the ump walked over to the dad and held out the mask and balloon and asked him "You want to do it?"  No response from the dad and nary a peep out of him for the rest of the season.  

It was a wonderful thing to watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, conbo61 said:

One game a dad was giving the plate ump a hard time.  Between innings the ump walked over to the dad and held out the mask and balloon and asked him "You want to do it?"  No response from the dad and nary a peep out of him for the rest of the season.  

I did that during one of the games I was helping at. Same result. 

I would enjoy seeing somebody lose a case in his courtroom and start screaming, "You suck, judge!!" 

If I was in Texas, I'd be happy to boycott watching, playing or working that tournament. 

• Like 3

On 2/21/2017 at 8:57 AM, ALStripes17 said:

Do you expect anything else from a tournament company? Umpires are an expense... teams are income. Which would they rather keep happy?

• Like 1