Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
zm1283

Brand new Gerry Davis/Fecheimer polywool base pants - 34/30

zm1283    385

Bought a pair of Davis polywools in size 34. Had them hemmed by an alterations shop. Took the tag off to wear them the first time and they're too short. Haven't been worn on the field at all but I don't want to mess with having them fixed. They're 30" inseam and 41" outseam.

I have about $90 in them between the $70 for the pants, the $10 alteration, and shipping. I'll sell them for $70 with shipping included. 

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
zm1283    385
2 minutes ago, gnhbua93 said:

How many inches you grew up since hemming the pants?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I didn't but apparently the guy that measured them fit them more like dress pants that sit right at the top of your shoe. They looked okay when he was doing them but turned out too short. 

alex7    218
3 hours ago, zm1283 said:

I didn't but apparently the guy that measured them fit them more like dress pants that sit right at the top of your shoe. They looked okay when he was doing them but turned out too short. 

Just seems guys in here won't know what "30 inches" will look like on them if they weren't the right 30 inches on you, so very unlikely to get that full price for them on re-sale.

BuckeyeMike    114
7 hours ago, zm1283 said:

I had the exact same thing happen to me last year.  Those pants are now at the bottom of the rotation.

MadMax    1,215
On 2/11/2017 at 4:19 PM, zm1283 said:

Bought a pair of Davis polywools in size 34. Had them hemmed by an alterations shop. Took the tag off to wear them the first time and they're too short. Haven't been worn on the field at all but I don't want to mess with having them fixed. They're 30" inseam and 41" outseam.

Man, I hate to hear / read of this happening. The DbF's are top-notch pants.

You (I'm not cutting on you, @zm1283, but "you" in the general sense) must wear them in the shop with an example of the shoes you will typically wear. I had mine done by my seamstress back in Wisconsin, and she actually called in her Vietnamese partner who does all her hems. I can see why this lady specializes, because while my concerns were with them being potentially too short, she chalked it out by hand and got it pretty much perfect. The strike is just, well... right. There are no "cankles" while standing, and when I go HOK during a pitch, they don't rise up too much.

Give the place one last chance to make it right; hopefully they didn't cut off too much excess. Make the compromise that the "repair" is no further cost to you. Most of the tailors and seamstresses I've encountered in my travels are artisans, and while they may be quite quirky, and not get it right the first time, they'll want to make it right if it is slightly wrong.

Oddly enough, my seamstress down here in Arizona is, too, Vietnamese. Quirky as all get out, but got my 2nd pair of DbF plate pants dead-on right.

• Like 1

zm1283    385

I did wear my base shoes when they measured them. They looked long enough when the guy pinned them. They sat right at the top of the rubber outsole of the back of my shoe. They ended up sitting about an inch above the outsole when standing straight up. 

zm1283    385

Still have these pants hanging in my laundry room. Haven't been worn. I'll take $50 for them shipped. 

JDavis225    41

$50 per pair? Still out of my range. I'm looking for a steal as they're useless to you.

zm1283    385
7 hours ago, JDavis225 said:

$50 per pair? Still out of my range. I'm looking for a steal as they're useless to you.

It's only one pair and they're brand new. PM me with an offer if you're interested.