Super Bowl

Rich Ives
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2627 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

1 minute ago, Thunderheads said:

that's because Nike offers different styles for the NFL referees .........

I could have sworn I saw one official in UA shoes. How about the call by the LJ on the Edelman catch?

2 hours ago, Stk004 said:

My entire viewing party apologized for yelling at him. 

If we are talking about the LJ. Jeff Seeman

It is not the gentleman's first trip to the Rodeo. Worked Super bowl 44 as the LJ also.

Father, Jerry, worked Super Bowls 23 and 25 as the referee.

But that doesn't mean, just like anyone, he could not miss one.

1 hour ago, dumbdumb said:

If we are talking about the LJ. Jeff Seeman

It is not the gentleman's first trip to the Rodeo. Worked Super bowl 44 as the LJ also.

Father, Jerry, worked Super Bowls 23 and 25 as the referee.

But that doesn't mean, just like anyone, he could not miss one.

He made a great one in my opinion as a neutral observer

Thought they all did a great job....I will take exception to the pass int call in OT at the goal line. They pretty much let these guys play all game,and I thought that was a little ticky tack given the situation and how they called the rest of the game.

23 hours ago, Jimurray said:

Should it have gone to overtime?  Was the leap over the guard a penalty?

It was a simple offside penalty.  (He mis-timed his burst).  He "leapt" in the proper gap according to Mike Pereira.

The yardage was imposed on the kickoff.

8 hours ago, VolUmp said:

It was a simple offside penalty.  (He mis-timed his burst).  He "leapt" in the proper gap according to Mike Pereira.

The yardage was imposed on the kickoff.

The call on the field was illegal formation, not offside. The kick try was nullified, the yardage enforced, and the try replayed (good).

MP disagreed with the call on the field, but that doesn't change anything.

On 2/5/2017 at 10:36 PM, Jimurray said:

Should it have gone to overtime?  Was the leap over the guard a penalty?

If that miss was allowed (which it should have been), meaning NE is down by 15 rather than 16 in the fourth quarter, then NE likely tries to kick a single to send the game to OT (though I always prefer a team go for two to win/lose right there)

All I cared about in the game was this...

My squares for the 1st Q were 0/0 so Go Defense regardless of who had the ball!

My squares for the end of game netted me the prize as well so Go Offense!

47 minutes ago, Mudisfun said:

All I cared about in the game was this...

My squares for the 1st Q were 0/0 so Go Defense regardless of who had the ball!

My squares for the end of game netted me the prize as well so Go Offense!

My squares were 0/0 as well! :hi5:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Richvee said:

Thought they all did a great job....I will take exception to the pass int call in OT at the goal line. They pretty much let these guys play all game,and I thought that was a little ticky tack given the situation and how they called the rest of the game.

Oh, I didn't think so. A clear arm bar, no attempt on the ball, material restriction to the receiver...gotta get that, especially given the situation.

Oh, I didn't think so. A clear arm bar, no attempt on the ball, material restriction to the receiver...gotta get that, especially given the situation.

I'm a "layman" when it comes to football so I'll take your word for it. I just thought it looked a little Ticky tack. Seemed little stuff like that was let go all day. Maybe not. The double face mask no call was odd though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk