Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Bluehands

Still some mask items avail. (Wilson Chrome Moliben mask sold)

9 posts in this topic

The Chrome Moliben mask frame is sold.

Just trying to replace my stolen gear so make me an offer on any of the stuff!! Thanks!

I still have... 

-the pictured A3077 wrap-around pads.

-the pictured Wilson harness   SOLD

-a pair of used Wilson Amara suede pads.

-A pair of used, no label black Diamond pads SOLD

-A Wilson 9.5" Dyna-lite standard catcher/umpire mask frame (triangular bar ear posts not single horizontal post)

Was just wondering if there's any demand/value for a used Wilson Chome Moliben face mask. I posted in the introductions threads about my gear being stolen. I just went thru my garage to see what I had left and I'd like to sell some of it to help me buy some replacement gear.

I'm guessing I bought it about 5 years ago thru Ump-Attire.com. I didn't use it much but I did remove the plastic molding from the frame and I've painted it silver. This is the "New View" low profile frame. It has the original A3077 100% black leather wrap-around pads in great condition. Original wilson harness. Have a set of suede Wilson pads as well.

Anyway, I just wanted to see if anyone would be interested at all or to get an idea of value to be listed on eBay.

Thanks much for the help!

IMG_0552.jpg

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

I don't believe there is any demand but that's a nice mask

I might be interested...I really only want the frame, though.

Buy it and send me the pads!

The "new view" Chrome Moliben mask frame is sold.

I still have... 

-the pictured A3077 wrap-around pads.

-the pictured Wilson harness   SOLD

-a pair of used Wilson Amara suede pads.

-A pair of used, no label black Diamond pads

-A Wilson Dyna-lite standard catcher/umpire mask frame

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By MadMax
      I'm sitting in a Texas Roadhouse after calling 9 baseball games over the past 3 days in 117°+ Arizona heat, watching the Mets get shellacked yet again by the Dodgers, when I notice the camera zoom way, way, waaaaaayyyyy in on Travis d'Arnaud and the Force3 Defender mask he's wearing. Travis is new to the Defender TM, having previously used the Mizuno Samurai HSM. The Samurai is one of the most thoroughly padded HSMs on the market, but doesn't get enough play besides the sleeker, more sculpted All-Star System 7's and Easton M-series.
      With the camera zoomed in on the telltale, trademark springs of the Defender, I begin reading the closed captioning of the two ESPN broadcasters discussing the details of the mask, and how it is progressively suited to reducing impact force and the likelihood of concussions. The camera pans to show all three spring points, and even shows the profile shape, with the broadcasters pointing out the standoff distance. They go on to say several catchers in the league are now using it, and there is now a hockey-style version on the market (the Defender HSM).
      In a move of directorial brilliance (the guy in the truck should get an Emmy nomination), the camera then pans to zoom in on Lance Barksdale as PU for tonight's game... wearing a Wilson Titanium Low Profile... with Wilson leather wraparound pads...
      Sigh. Facepalm.
      The broadcasters then contrast the Defender TM against the Wilson TiLP, and how little protection it affords the umpire. Barksdale's nose is on the verge of poking out of the eyeport, and the mask is nearly flat on his face. One of the broadcasters laments, "I never saw the point of that mask".
      #TimeForChange #GetWiseOffWilson #OtherOptionsExist #HeadInTheGame
    • By Bluehands
      Hey guys, there are a lot of members here who are mask addicted so I just thought I'd post some weights of some of the popular mask frames and accessories that I have, have had or tried. It might help you choose a back-up or lighten up your current rig a little. Every little bit helps. Though I can't attest to perfect calibration on my scale, I am using the same scale for each item so the differences in weight by comparison should be very accurate. Everything here is listed down from lighter to heaviest.
      Also, if you guys want to 'weigh in' your own items that aren't listed here, feel free.

Frames 
      Nike Titanium - 11.1 oz
      Rawlings Titanium - 11.5 oz
      +POS ZeroG - 12.5 oz
      All-Star FM25 Hollow Steel (with vinyl coating) - 14.6 oz
      Wilson Chrome Moliben (without vinyl coating) - 15.2 oz
      Wilson Dynalite Catcher/Umpire (with vinyl coating) - 18.7 oz

Pads
      Diamond Quik-Dry Vinyl (Not 50/50 pads)  (upper) - 0.9, (lower) - 1.3 oz
      +POS black mesh  (upper) - 1.0 oz, (lower) - 1.4 oz
      +POS smooth tan leather (upper) - 1.0oz, (lower) - 1.4oz
      Nike  (upper) - 1.1 oz, (lower) - 1.8oz
      All-Star Mesh  (upper) - 1.6 oz, (lower) - 1.4 oz   (Yep, I checked it twice, the upper is heavier than the lower pad)
      +POS new Classic Brown Leather  (upper) - 1.4 oz, (lower) - 2.0 oz
      Rawlings LWMXTI  (upper) - 1.8 oz, (Lower) - 2.1 oz
      Wilson Amara Suede  (upper) - 1.9, (lower) - 2.6 oz
      Wilson Black Leather Wrap-around  (upper) - 2.6 oz, (lower) - 3.9 oz

Harness (es) (Harnessi?!)
      Rawlings Ti - 1.2 oz
      All-Star Delta - 1.3 oz
      +POS lite  - 1.3 oz
      Nike - 1.5 oz
      Wilson - 1.6oz

• By Masonsmith27
      Wilson 2 tone leather pads. Excellent condition. Only worn 7 times. $25 shipped. 

• By MadMax
      The Wilson Shock FX may be entering its waning days. With the market success by the All-Star System 7 hockey style mask, and the follow-on effort of Easton to produce the Mako and M-line of shaped masks, Rawlings and Wilson are now forced to reformulate their own lineup. Rawlings significantly (and finally) updated their HSMs, starting with the Pro Preferred. Wilson continued on with their Shock FX, but its clunky shape, relatively complex spring-suspension, and Wilson's unsympathetic customer service, it saw only limited use in the High School and College ranks in comparison to the All-Stars and Eastons. No Major League catchers used it, and only a handful of Major League Umpires ever did (Gary Cederstrom, famously).
      Instead of trying to improve it, Wilson has instead developed an all-new, shaped WTA5700 Pro Stock hockey style mask in the hopes its looks and price point will gain the attention of high school and college programs. That's not to say that the Shock FX is, or ever was, an inferior model; it is more to say that Wilson abandoned it and chose not to further develop or improve it, or even to support existing models.
      It is this last point that's got my attention. I recently received a Shock FX in decent, but used, shape. The primary pads (forehead and chin) were completely worn out, every vent hole was dirty with the dust of hundreds of games in the desert heat, and the cage had a pair of pretty significant dents to it. Besides this, the cage's paint job (when will companies learn that paint doesn't "stick" to steel??) has flaked off, and the beginnings of rust are taking hold. So, I stripped all the parts off it, cleaned everything, sanitized the inner pads of the shell, changed out the primary pads for a brand new kit, and soaked all hardware in mineral oil to recondition them (they will be thoroughly dried before I put them back). Of major note, though, is I will be sending the cage off to Tony at Mask-It to have the dents knocked back out, the cage re-trued, and then powder coated a spiffy new color. When the cage returns, remount it with the reconditioned hardware and voilá, we'll have a Shock FX, back to good-as-new.
      So... why can't Wilson take care of their gear like this, or, in lieu of that, allow us to buy parts (replacement cages) so as to do it ourselves??
    • By Masonsmith27
      I have a like new Wilson TI I'm trying to sell before the season starts. This mask is practically brand new as it's only been used in 6 low level USSSA baseball games. Looking to get at least $160 as that will cover the cost for my replacement.