NCAA Test Glitch???

kstrunk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2629 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

6 hours ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

It also says .. " Or stride leg"  which makes it a balk.

I agree with the balk since you are looking for 2 things(::::::or::::) as the 1BU as posed by the question. You are looking at the foot totally breaking the plane """""""or""""" the knee breaking the the back edge.

If """""either"""" occur by the pitcher with one of those ******double funky leg moves****** you got a balk. One of those old Whitey Ford moves.

With the original question, the first part of the question with his move would give you 'no balk' (false) but the second part of his move 'is a balk' (true).

So, I agree with HDS or his buddy.

Answer is True IMHO and I am a Z ball nobody.

Boy, and I thought that---may, may not----shall, shall not----will, will not, High School Test I got a look at from someone out of the old days was tricky.

I read it this way:

From the set position with a runner on base, if any part of the pitcher’s free foot or the stride leg breaks the plane of the back edge of the rubber and he does not throw or feint a motion to 2B or pitch to HP, a balk is called.

This is false.

From the set position with a runner on base, if any part of the pitcher’s free foot or the stride leg breaks the plane of the back edge of the rubber and he does not throw or feint a motion to 2B or pitch to HP, a balk is called.

This is true.

BOTH need to be true in order for the whole statement to be true.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

its true.. i know someone who got a 100% and marked it true.

That's what I get for believing someone that's named after lunch meat.  I took the test, answering False on this question and got a 98% (one wrong).  I retook the test and the only thing I changed was answering this question True.  I got a 96% (two wrong).  The correct answer is False.  I suspect that the one I got wrong was the goofy coach interference question.  We'll find out in a couple of weeks.

• Like 3

I will take either score - 96 or the 98 as long as I know when I went on the field that.

1. Breaking the plane of the 'back edge of the rubber' with the "whole foot" (not just 'any part') is a balk.

2. Breaking the plane of the 'back edge of the rubber' with the stride leg is a balk.

I just wish I knew as much as HDS and many others on here and could retain the knowledge.

I just enjoy the learning aspect of the different levels and of course the nuances of the way the test questions are written.

• Like 1