Plus POS

JeBa
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2611 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Is anybody else having problems getting an order shipment from Plus POS?

I placed an order on 12/20/16....received the emailed order confirmation from them...but after that nothing.
Follow-up emails from me have not been answered either.
The phone # shown on the website will not connect, as well.

I've seen posts complaining about Plus POS regarding poor customer service in recent years.
I was hoping that they had fixed this.

Jeff

2 hours ago, JeBa said:

Is anybody else having problems getting an order shipment from Plus POS?

I placed an order on 12/20/16....received the emailed order confirmation from them...but after that nothing.
Follow-up emails from me have not been answered either.
The phone # shown on the website will not connect, as well.

I've seen posts complaining about Plus POS regarding poor customer service in recent years.
I was hoping that they had fixed this.

Jeff

With the exception of "12/20/16", I think you may have just copied and pasted, word-for-word, the very first post ever made on the very first internet umpire message board in 1990-something.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, lawump said:

With the exception of "12/20/16", I think you may have just copied and pasted, word-for-word, the very first post ever made on the very first internet umpire message board in 1990-something.

Maybe it was 12/20/1916?  Copied off the little piece of parchment attached to a carrier pigeon's leg.

• Like 2

Thanks for making me smile folks.

Plus POS was the 1st umpire equipment company I ordered from 15+ years ago....wasn't a problem then.

It's now the middle of winter here in CT, so I have time to wait for my stuff.....but I'd rather not be wondering about the status of my order.

43 minutes ago, kylejt said:

Dan Parsons, who owns the company, used to respond directly on this board. He's been absent for a while, though.

It's a shame, too.

Wish he was around when I was inquiring about his Cobra CP.

Shame that an umpire gear blue blood falls so far. I feel like Honigs is heading the same direction.

I don't have any personal animosity towards Dan Dada or +POS. They've had some excellent products but I just do not understand the utter lack of competence in customer service. I also do not understand why some of you idiots keep ordering from them. I'm hopeful you get your gear but for cripes sake STOP ORDERING from them unless and until he/they fix their SH*#ty ordering system and lack of customer care. My two cents. 

Edit: Dan, please get your SH*# together man. Answer the F*#King phone. Hire a damn customer service rep. Return an email in a timely manner. WTF man!  Your parents were like gods or saints in this industry. Do it to uphold their legacy. Right now +POS is synonymous with SH*#ty service and maybe you'll get your purchases. Eventually. Maybe. You can't want to keep that kind of reputation. Damn man, even Ump-Attire.com and @JimKirk tried to help you out and buy lots of your products and be a distributor and you couldn't or wouldn't be honest and communicate with him. It's a damn shame. A goddamn shame. 

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, JaxRolo said:

Stay away from them!

<whine> But their stuff is just soooo niiiiice, Uncle Rolo!</whine>

It's such a dilemma. The ZRO-G mask is really top-notch (relative to the cost), they're the only ones doing vintage brown mask pads, and the Cobra CP actually looks like an advanced, protective, low-profile, shaped CP. The cost itself didn't scare me... it's the cost out-of-pocket linked to the uncertainty of ever receiving the purchased items. I can't afford to plop down $140 and wait 5-6-10(?) weeks, if ever, to get it.

So maybe the best course of action is to just let +POS hit absolute rock bottom. I had reached out to Dan sometime about 2-3 years ago, offering my help (I've worked for 3 of the largest, most successful retailers in the world, and now work for the biggest online seller in the world), but any discussion, even something to figure out further, was rebuffed.

• Like 1

But their stuff is just soooo niiiiice, Uncle Rolo!

It's such a dilemma. The ZRO-G mask is really top-notch (relative to the cost), they're the only ones doing vintage brown mask pads, and the Cobra CP actually looks like an advanced, protective, low-profile, shaped CP. The cost itself didn't scare me... it's the cost out-of-pocket linked to the uncertainty of ever receiving the purchased items. I can't afford to plop down $140 and wait 5-6-10(?) weeks, if ever, to get it.

So maybe the best course of action is to just let +POS hit absolute rock bottom. I had reached out to Dan sometime about 2-3 years ago, offering my help (I've worked for 3 of the largest, most successful retailers in the world, and now work for the biggest online seller in the world), but any discussion, even something to figure out further, was rebuffed.

Exactly.

Good gear. Poor customer service!!!

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

<whine> But their stuff is just soooo niiiiice, Uncle Rolo!</whine>

Did you get a sense from those conversations that he's trying to improve but wants to do it solo, seemingly out of pride? At least there'd be hope there.

Or did it seem he was happy the way things were, oblivious maybe, or downright uncaring on purpose (no hope there)?

Good news folks.

I was finally contacted by Plus POS customer Service (Kimberly Wright) on 1/28/17.

My stuff is on the way (via USPS...tracking #'s provided to me)!

Once contacted, I even asked that one of their BB17 mask harness to be added, which she did - no problem.

I did reach out to them one last time on 1/28/17 via their "contact us" email link on their website...originally, I had been trying to contact them by replying to my order confirmation email....both used the daniel@pluspos.com email address - so I'm not sure if anything different happens when going thru the "Contact Us" link on the website.

Her email response to me indicated that the mask pads that I ordered had been out of stock & that the shipment was just received so they could now fulfill my order. I would have placed my order anyway back on 12/20/16, even with that info....I just wish I had been notified sooner than 1/28/17.

Maybe she's a new addition to Dan's business & they can begin to improve the + POS reputation.

Or maybe the umpire community on this website had something to do with it.

take care,

Jeff

• Like 2

On 1/26/2017 at 0:37 PM, lawump said:

Thought the same thing.

• Like 1

update  - got my +POS vintage brown mask pads today & married them to my Mask-It renewed West-Vest mask (matte black)....looks awesome.

As reported by many others here, Tony at Mask-It did an excellent job refinishing my West-Vest mask frame.

Now waiting for the new mask harness (+POS BB17) & my winter mask project will be complete.

Jeff

• Like 1

I have ordered from +POS on 3 separate occasions and have had ZERO problems with them. Just ordered a ZRO-G mask from them about a month ago. And I received it in less than a week. I guess I am lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeBa said:

update  - got my +POS vintage brown mask pads today & married them to my Mask-It renewed West-Vest mask (matte black)....looks awesome.

As reported by many others here, Tony at Mask-It did an excellent job refinishing my West-Vest mask frame.

Now waiting for the new mask harness (+POS BB17) & my winter mask project will be complete.

Jeff

Pics or it didn't happen. 

• Like 3