NCAA Test Format

kstrunk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2618 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Gonna take the NCAA exam for the first time ever, and I'm wondering how it works exactly... is it timed, if so, how long? Can I exit and come back later, or do I need to set a certain amount of time apart to complete it all at once... how many questions, etc...? Grateful as usual. 

• Like 1

Assumng it's the same as in previous years -- you'll have about two weeks, and can leave / resume as often as you want.

Some years it's about 50 questions out of a pool of 100 or so.  Some years, everyone gets the same questions -- sometimes it's in a different order and most of the time the answers are in a different order.

My advice -- cut and paste the questions into a word document (or similar).  This is a PITA, but worth it.  Print it out and go through the book to answer.  go back to the site and transcribe the answers into the e-test.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Haid D' Salaami said:

there will be 10 video questions, just like the last 3 yrs..50 written questions... to pass you need a 85%

I did say "or so."

I actually forgot how many videos there were. So I went with a nice round number of 5.