Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Stk004

Flex Style Harness

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone have a flex style harness that they could part with?

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
8 hours ago, Stk004 said:

Does anyone have a flex style harness that they could part with?

Probably close to impossible really ..........

most who have one KEEP THEM :)  If you need/want one, I'd suggest either picking up an All-Star Delta-Flex, or having Ray Brownlie make a custom version for you! :nod: 

1 person likes this

In stock at U-A.  Might not be the case for long with the season coming up.

1 person likes this

@Stk004, if you're doing a harness for that XV you just modded, I'd recommend one of Ray's ULFH RayFlex harnesses or a Force3 "NewFlex". The DeltaFlex forces you to extend the length of the rigger straps on the CP because of how short its own straps are.

If I'm reading you right, you're trying to hold out and wait until Ray debuts the "GraFlex" harnesses he's developing... I get it. $35 is a none-too-insignificant price tag (worth it, but still). The Force3 at $20 will certainly work, though, and you can always sell it to another umpire when Ray's new luxury FH's roll out.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

@Stk004, if you're doing a harness for that XV you just modded, I'd recommend one of Ray's ULFH RayFlex harnesses or a Force3 "NewFlex". The DeltaFlex forces you to extend the length of the rigger straps on the CP because of how short its own straps are.

If I'm reading you right, you're trying to hold out and wait until Ray debuts the "GraFlex" harnesses he's developing... I get it. $35 is a none-too-insignificant price tag (worth it, but still). The Force3 at $20 will certainly work, though, and you can always sell it to another umpire when Ray's new luxury FH's roll out.

Indeed I am trying to hold out for one of Ray's new harnesses. The F3 from UmpAttire is my leading contender but I wanted to see if the group here had anything to offer before I buy a new one. @Thunderheads makes an excellent point, but I'll see what comes of it. Right now I have a basic harness on the XV and it's just not the same.

1 person likes this

I have a modified DFH that I plan to use once Max sends my modified Schutt back my way. But I just realized that if that one fails, I'm screwed!

So I will be needing to order a RayFlex at some point in the near future.

1 minute ago, BT_Blue said:

I have a modified DFH that I plan to use once Max sends my modified Schutt back my way. But I just realized that if that one fails, I'm screwed!

So I will be needing to order a RayFlex at some point in the near future.

If the DF doesn't work for you, you know where to send it. ;)

3 hours ago, Stk004 said:

If the DF doesn't work for you, you know where to send it. ;)

$40-50 it's yours.

(By the way... I'm not being serious.)

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, MadMax said:

What is the difference going to be in the "GraFlex" from the current model he sells? Thanks

I was revisiting my X-Wing harness and to be honest it takes more time to make and originally I was asked by a few girls to make a harness that is more like a bra. This is where I am headed with this idea. So I will still keep the same design I have been doing since my old hockey repair days.

1 person likes this

This question may have already been asked/answered, I couldn't find it, but does someone make a Delta Flexish harness with longer straps.  I have one on a Gold that I had to have material added to.  Does someone make one already lengthened?

51 minutes ago, catsbackr said:

This question may have already been asked/answered, I couldn't find it, but does someone make a Delta Flexish harness with longer straps.  I have one on a Gold that I had to have material added to.  Does someone make one already lengthened?

Contact Razzer above, I bought is harness, equally as good as the DF, it has plenty of strap length. I have it on my 15" Champion hardshell and it is tremendous. I need to buy another one for my 15" Douglas and ditch the DF that is on it. 

21 hours ago, spiffdawg7 said:

What is the difference going to be in the "GraFlex" from the current model he sells? Thanks

Well, before @Razzer answered with the insight below, I threw the nickname "GraFlex" on his (potential) latest creation because he's using decal graphics (hence the portmanteau) on his nearly-essential ULFH "RayFlex" (another nickname I gave it) to liven' them up a bit. He might make a few other adjustments, but the spiffy-upped RayFlex will likely appeal to our vanity rather well. I certainly can see Southern umpires requesting them done in the livery of their favorite NASCAR driver.

Who am I kidding? I'd like to see it done in a post-apocalyptic desert scene (Mad Max), a snowscape (I'm from up north, and I'd feel cooler with this on my back already), or a Holstein cow print (I'm from Wisconsin).

20 hours ago, Razzer said:

I was revisiting my X-Wing harness and to be honest it takes more time to make and originally I was asked by a few girls to make a harness that is more like a bra. This is where I am headed with this idea. So I will still keep the same design I have been doing since my old hockey repair days.

Now, this... is something I'm scratching my head about. Ray, you're going to bring Star Wars into this??

1 person likes this

I bought one of his lineup card holders.  I think I'm still on his mailing list, so I'll contact him later.  Thanks again!

Are you still looking?  I'm willing to part with mine. Never used it. Put it on my Gold sized it, didn't like it. Doesn't not have the side clips that fit the All-star or t-hooks either. 

5 hours ago, eagle_12 said:

Are you still looking?  I'm willing to part with mine. Never used it. Put it on my Gold sized it, didn't like it. Doesn't not have the side clips that fit the All-star or t-hooks either. 

I'm actually down to one CP and got a F3 harness for it. I appreciate the interest though. @Thunderheads you can lock this up.