Imaginary Box

Guest Zimmee
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2626 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

When Jim Evans talks about tangle/untangle in the imaginary box he calls it an area of roughly 22 sq. foot.  Does he mean this box is about five feet up each line then inwards toward

fair territory?

Thanks

8 answers to this question

I've never heard of Evans giving exact dimensions for the "box," but my guess it's only up the 1st Baseline and 3 feet fair. 

Most bunts or swinging bunts that cause a tangle between the batter & catcher either go straight back to pitcher or slightly to the right … that's the direction the batter-runner is going to run.

On 1/15/2017 at 10:36 AM, BT_Blue said:

:wacko::confused::HS:wacko2::blink2: and any other "deer in the headlights" smilies Warren has on here that I can't find.

22 feet is approximately 7 meters. 22 square feet is approximately 2 square meters.

On Mon Jan 16 2017 at 8:46 AM, kylehutson said:

22 feet is approximately 7 meters. 22 square feet is approximately 2 square meters.

On Sun Jan 15 2017 at 8:36 AM, BT_Blue said:

:wacko::confused::HS:wacko2::blink2: and any other "deer in the headlights" smilies Warren has on here that I can't find.

Nope...still got the same look.