Aw, the kiddo of U-E is ready to take their Oath.

Rulekeep
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2647 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I turn 17 in four weeks (how's that, all you guys who knew me when I was 12) and that means in four weeks and two days I fly to Anchorage and get grilled on my infamous concussion before standing in front of a soldier I've never met and signing my life away to a nation I'm not remarkably proud of. I ship to Missouri in June. GOOD TIMES AWAIT ME IN CAMOFLAGUE HELL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mister B said:

Go to college and get into ROTC or try to get into one of the academies. 

The service is much better as an officer. But it's too late for that.

Good luck. 

Everybody who's ever talked to me about military knows about my disdain for National Guardsmen but the beauty of the Guard is they let you go to college if you have a 1.8 GPA and the academies generally do not. And I'm really competetive in like, trivial pursuit or defending Brannon Braga's writing, but not with school, so ROTC is OUT. 

1 hour ago, Rulekeep said:

Everybody who's ever talked to me about military knows about my disdain for National Guardsmen but the beauty of the Guard is they let you go to college if you have a 1.8 GPA and the academies generally do not. And I'm really competetive in like, trivial pursuit or defending Brannon Braga's writing, but not with school, so ROTC is OUT. 

We have a tendency to be able to do what the regular Army is and still be normal people...

1 hour ago, Matt said:

We have a tendency to be able to do what the regular Army is and still be normal people...

Yah, that's the point. I go to basic, finish my senior year, get my ETT2, go to medic training. Then I only have one year left and free college. 

6 hours ago, Rulekeep said:

Yah, that's the point. I go to basic, finish my senior year, get my ETT2, go to medic training. Then I only have one year left and free college. 

Wow, That's a very salad plan.

With comments like this I am sure you will go far in the military. Time for an attitude adjustment.

"signing my life away to a nation I'm not remarkably proud of."

Live a few years, travel the world and and then come back and say your not proud of this country.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mudisfun said:

With comments like this I am sure you will go far in the military. Time for an attitude adjustment.

"signing my life away to a nation I'm not remarkably proud of."

Live a few years, travel the world and and then come back and say your not proud of this country.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

This is cute.