ISO Wilson shin guard foot plates

Jdc03270
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2616 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

1 hour ago, Jdc03270 said:

Douglas does not have black plates anymore so I got to do a super custom gap coverage on the Douglas west vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the shin guard plates of which you seek aren't long enough (for me) ....and regardless of color, .... the modified collarbone plates that Douglas uses for gap protection covers most gap issues

2 minutes ago, Jdc03270 said:

@thunderheads

http://umpire-empire.com/index.php?/topic/58537-new-pos-chest-protector/&page=3

I searched first... also I'm looking for two sets for major modifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not sure what searching has to do with this thread, but .... :) ..........

I was just shedding my perspective on the pieces you're looking for, ...they leave too much of a gap (for me) at the arm-pit area ...where the Douglas piece, if placed properly, will solve that gap.  But, that's ME ...it may not be necessary for you, or others ;) 

6 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

not sure what searching has to do with this thread, but .... :) ..........

I was just shedding my perspective on the pieces you're looking for, ...they leave too much of a gap (for me) at the arm-pit area ...where the Douglas piece, if placed properly, will solve that gap.  But, that's ME ...it may not be necessary for you, or others ;) 

I also suggested that he maybe talk to a place that does plastic fabrication or something like that. They might have some scrap prices that he could get on the cheap.

9 hours ago, Razzer said:

You can always do what I did...I just used knee guards from a set of diamond shins

It worked great and was easy to dod5.jpgd4.jpgd3.jpg

Probably easier to come across too. At worst, any play it again sports probably has a pair on the cheap.

I added Shoulder gap protection to my Black Douglas using the following materials:

1) Shoulder Gap Protectors off of a K1 Honigs CP - They are attached by velcro...so I undid the velcro and I had the black pieces I needed

2) One-Wrap Velcro 3/4 in:

3) 2 inch Thick Elastic:

Attachment Process:

1) Wrapped the velcro around the existing canvas material that attaches shoulder piece to body piece

2) Ran the elastic through the existing K1 CP Gap Protection Slots

3) Ran it through the velcro canvas run around piece

4) Tied a knot

If I could do it...it must be simple and required no damage or manipulations to any parts or pieces.

If interested ask and I will try and get a pick up.

• Like 2