Well this sucks!

BT_Blue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2708 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Got an email on Sunday (let it process in my head for a bit) notifying me that I will not be umpiring college baseball next year.

I worked hard to get back into college ball after moving a few years back. When I got in, I was beyond ecstatic. Now there is a pit in my stomach knowing I won't be out there this year.

I have a few ideas as to what happened. Mainly to do with my weight (I have packed on 30 pounds since I got in 4 years ago) and a few other "smaller" things. But we all know that the "small things" matter in college baseball. I need to remember that from here on out.

I have plans to lose the weight in place as well as attending clinics and other thins that will hopefully help me improve. Stuff I have not done, or been able to do in the past. And will begin a new with my attempts to get back into college baseball.

22 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Got an email on Sunday (let it process in my head for a bit) notifying me that I will not be umpiring college baseball next year.

I worked hard to get back into college ball after moving a few years back. When I got in, I was beyond ecstatic. Now there is a pit in my stomach knowing I won't be out there this year.

I have a few ideas as to what happened. Mainly to do with my weight (I have packed on 30 pounds since I got in 4 years ago) and a few other "smaller" things. But we all know that the "small things" matter in college baseball. I need to remember that from here on out.

I have plans to lose the weight in place as well as attending clinics and other thins that will hopefully help me improve. Stuff I have not done, or been able to do in the past. And will begin a new with my attempts to get back into college baseball.

I'm sorry to hear that Arik.  I have no doubt that you'll do what needs to be done to get back in there (and you'll be an even better umpire for it).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grayhawk said:

I'm sorry to hear that Arik.  I have no doubt that you'll do what needs to be done to get back in there (and you'll be an even better umpire for it).

Thanks Steve. It was just a real punch in the gut.

I couldn't do summer ball because we were preparing for the birth of our first son. As well as not being able to attend two showcases in Seattle as a training and evaluating device during the same time. Then I hurt myself at work. So I couldn't do fall ball.

All of this probably did not help my cause.

But I'm past it now. And time to figure out what I can do to get back in.

6 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Thanks Steve. It was just a real punch in the gut.

I couldn't do summer ball because we were preparing for the birth of our first son. As well as not being able to attend two showcases in Seattle as a training and evaluating device during the same time. Then I hurt myself at work. So I couldn't do fall ball.

All of this probably did not help my cause.

But I'm past it now. And time to figure out what I can do to get back in.

Obviously, you've identified the weight issue.

Do you have any way of finding out specifics? It would help you tailor your action plan.

32 minutes ago, Matt said:

Obviously, you've identified the weight issue.

Do you have any way of finding out specifics? It would help you tailor your action plan.

Not as of yet. I figured the weight was part of it. I reply emailed my assigner. But he is not always the best at responding. But I have other emails for people on the board that I can ask as well.

Hoping they will also allow me to attending the meeting this year even though I am not a working member. This way I will still be up on everything.

• 2 weeks later...