Volleyball TOC

Kevin_K
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2679 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

394 clipboard_text_bw.png 107584 R1 11/19/2016 Sat 
2:00 PM
Volleyball, Tournament of Champions William Paterson University TBA TBA $80.00

Accepted on 11/3/2016

Just received this assignment today! Better than state finals...... all the pressure of winning for the teams is off.

Can't wait to allow this match call itself!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congrats, Kevin K.

We have paid line judges in high school volleyball here in Northeast Ohio. Line judged for the first time this fall (about 25 JV/varsity games). I absolutely love it. Great sport to officiate. Looking to get my PAVO certification and hope to get into NCAA line judging in the future. Also getting my OHSAA R1 and R2 certifications next summer.

How did it go at the tournament?

As I expected, the volleyball was terrific. In a three set match, there were four or five ball handling calls and a wealth of athletic plays, some of which were truly unbelievable. Unlike last year when I had one of the state finals and some nerves, I knew what the atmosphere would be like and walked into the venue confident with only the typical nervous edge, hoping that I would not do anything to embarrass myself. I did not. It was a wonderful experience that I hope to get back to again next year.

It's nice to know that the effort and work to get better as an official gets recognized through assignments like this.

• Like 1