Plus Pos - can't contact on my order

grayhawk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2724 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Since my last ZRO-G mask was bent a couple of weeks ago on a foul ball, I decided to order a new one.  I figure most any mask can bend if hit just right and because I like that mask, it was worth it to give it another try.  I ordered it last Saturday night and it's now Thursday and I have received no order confirmation (other than the Paypal email indicating that I paid), nor have I received a shipping confirmation.  When I login to the Plus Pos site and look at Order History, nothing is listed.

I have tried calling and have only gotten a busy signal for the last 24 hours.  I tried filling out their "Contact Us" form but got an error.  Does anyone know how to contact them to find out if they plan to ship out the mask that I have already paid for?  Here is what the site says under "Delivery Info"

Orders placed before 3:00 ET (Eastern Time) are shipped the same business day. 

Please consider some items on clearance may add an extra day to ship. Holidays and extreme weather conditions extend the estimated delivery of your order.
Shipping on all business days except for New Years' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Day After, Christmas Eve Christmas Day.

Any suggestions?

This is pretty much like every post about them I've read.

I know I ordered back in Feb, and it took about 2 weeks (and I live an hour from them), but the items stayed in my cart, even after ordering, and it didn't show up in my order history either. There were no updates, the package just arrived.

Let it be known, gang, that +POS is not a multiple-employee company (I'm not correcting _you_ @grayhawk), but a sole proprietorship, one-man show. This is important to grasp, because... no group of people collectively lets customer relations get this bad.

Back when I lived in Wisconsin, I even offered to give him a hand. I'm sure there have been others who have offered or signed on to help him out, but obviously, that hasn't worked.

The real shame here is that the gear itself is quite good. Top-notch, even. Each signature piece – ZRO-G mask, Cobra CP, ZRO-G shin guards – is something that could be considered in the Top 3 of its category. There's potential there to roll out success after success.

But sometimes, we get in the way of our own potential success. We make bad choices, partner with the wrong people or distractions, and refuse help when it's offered.

I ordered a simple +POS mask harness. Let's see if I ever get it.

• Like 1

Thanks to @Thunderheads who gave me the Plus Pos email address, I have at least been able to email him to make my inquiry.  I let him know that if I receive no communication within 24 hours, I will be forced to begin the process of disputing the charge through Paypal.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, grayhawk said:

It came today.  I ordered the frame only and he sent a full package with pads, harness and visor.

So what are you first blush impressions on the rig – as a whole first, then as a construct of components each? I'm not so interested in the harness and visor as those are typical, common fare (I ordered a harness because I wanted to brand-complete one of my own rigs), but I have yet to try his latest pads. The vintage browns intrigue me, but I'm rather devoted to Team Wendy currently.

17 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I kind of dug the look of the dark brown Wilson memory foam pads that Joe West was wearing in game 6.

I think that they are leather right? I have not heard of Wilson making their memory foam pads in a brown. 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Replacement-Mask-Pads-Straps/A3816-TN_Wilson-MLB-Umpire-Mask-Replacement-Pads-Tan

I would venture to say it is these.. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, harrisonj23 said:

I think that they are leather right? I have not heard of Wilson making their memory foam pads in a brown. 

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Replacement-Mask-Pads-Straps/A3816-TN_Wilson-MLB-Umpire-Mask-Replacement-Pads-Tan

I would venture to say it is these.. 

I would agree.