Couple good ones from this weekend

BRUMP
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2744 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

2 interesting scenarios from this past weekend. 

1) First game of 3 for me in a columbus day tourney sat morning. cold and wet not fun. 16u. some point in the middle innings with the HT at bat theres R2 outs don't matter. R2 begins to yell out what pitch is coming to the hitter. (F2 was not changing up signs he was giving them straight up). After the 2nd or 3rd pitch the VT dugout starts chirping at R2. I shut it down. Next pitch goes right between the batters numbers. I step out call time and issue warnings to both sides. That seemed to do the trick because the game ended uneventfully but that was the first time in 8 (holy crap its been 8 years) years ive ever had to do that.

2) Last game of the weekend, (i stupidly accepted a game the day after a night in Atlantic city knowing it would be cancelled due to the inch of rain coming, only problem was the rain stopped about an hour before game time and i forgot the freaking field was turf). So i show up to the field get changed into my BU uniform and hang out by my partners van as he's inside getting changed, all of a sudden i hear a lady yell at me to get in the van and point off to my side. I look down and see a stray pit bull scowling at and looking very aggressively. I hop into the van as quickly as possible, and shut the door. The damn thing wouldn't leave the vicinity of the car either and we had to call animal control and the Red Bank PD to get the thing out of there. Best part is about 10 min after game time, we finally take the field and some stupid ass parent had the nerve to say "nice of you to finally show up blue, i guess were just all on your time today." still in shock that i bit my tongue on that one.

Never a dull moment!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mister B said:

looking at the forecast this weekend, I'm debating on bringing a life vest vs. my CP.

Probably should stay home and build an ark. 

Nice to know you guys down in Portland are getting this too. 

2 hours ago, GPblue said:

68 degrees for 2 here in Pittsburgh tomorrow

My group just bailed after 9 holes of golf because the cart paths are rivers, umbrellas broke, and my clothes now weigh 5 pounds from rain. 

MadMax and I are still expecting highs in the mid 90's. I'm ready for it to cool off. Nice at night but you still have to worry about guts going down from the heat mid day. I had to work a game solo last weekend when my partner started cramping.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk