Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Rulekeep

Flooding

14 posts in this topic

Register or Sign In to remove these ads

That's not flooding - this is flooding. The building at the tip of the "finger" was our elementary school. Building not in the water is MS/HS. Our LL park is outlined. Athletic fields were all under water.  Sept 2011.

Air Two.jpg

10 hours ago, Rich Ives said:

That's not flooding - this is flooding. The building at the tip of the "finger" was our elementary school. Building not in the water is MS/HS. Our LL park is outlined. Athletic fields were all under water.  Sept 2011.

Air Two.jpg

So were the games canceled??

1 person likes this

Here is some flooding.... Chesterfield, Mo 1993

flooding-1993.jpg

This is facing west towards the Missouri River... Interstate 64

af3c605a215b8acf813d92979bd5325b.jpg.png

This is what is in that area now, slightly further west from where the previous picture was taken...

30794024E.jpg

This is facing south east at the Missouri river from 1993 Interstate 64 about 4 or 5 miles from the first picture facing back towards it.

51f93c89bef3a.preview-620.jpg

This is from roughly the same location today... notice the airport at the top of the picture... all the planes that were there in 1993 were under water.

I'm not good at science, but isn't it pretty hard to take off in the airplane if it's under water?

Ran across this thread while killing time this afternoon. Below is an aerial photo of my neighborhood taken last August when we were flooded out. See that bright light blue "dot" in the middle" That's my redneck swimming pool in my back yard. That was about the only thing that escaped unscathed. Just moved back in 3 days before Xmas. Not 100% rebuilt but close enough to be comfortable and a lot more convenient to work on.

flood aerial.JPG

Major flooding today in So. Cal... thinking of calling in the National Guard for support.

Image result for rain puddle

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Mudisfun said:

Major flooding today in So. Cal... thinking of calling in the National Guard for support.

Image result for rain puddle

You be careful out there! I know how it is when this happens.

Also.... what is in the middle of that dangerous lake?

That is all that is visible of a glass high rise building barely surviving the ravages of the encroaching waters :-) 

1 person likes this