Equipment/Apparel for sale at TUS?

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2696 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Hey all,

I'm likely attending school this January and was just curious if they sell equipment and other apparel there? I've seen pictures of Jim Kirk there and guys getting fitted for new stuff, but I wasn't sure if any uniform apparel were part of the tuition or if they bought the stuff. I know some things are provided, but I figured equipment wasn't and I'd ask what is. I've got a few things I want to get equipment wise before I go, but if I can buy it there, that would be something I'd consider as well. Any information would be very helpful and appreciated!

Thanks,

Tyler Johnson

When I went in 2013, Jim had a store set up next to the classroom with protective gear, belts, shoes, and pants. They also had some undershirts and school embroidered things as well. If you email Jim or anyone from ump-attire I'm sure they'll answer any of your questions. They're great to deal with. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, Scott Kennedy said:

We will be there. The Training Academy provides you with t-shirts and a pullover. If you're enrolled, you'll get a list from the Training Academy about what to bring.

Thanks!

Scott Kennedy

Ump-Attire.com

scott@ump-attire.com

Thanks, Scott. I look forward to seeing you on here.

• Like 1

I just talked to one of the lead instructors from the MiLB Training Academy & our "Welcome Letter" to the students has been approved by their legal department. All registered students will be receiving that info at any time now. 

It includes the recommended/suggested items to bring to the MiLB Training Academy & the discount code to use for ordering.

Looking forward to seeing the new students down their pursue their dreams of making it to the Major Leagues & becoming the next MLB umpire!!

Scott

• Like 2