Modified Douglas CP

codizzle
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2806 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I wanted some extra protection added to my Douglas CP (which I love, by the way), so I sent it to Jeff Cook in Houston to have it modified. I agreed with the reviews about the concern with the gap in the shoulder caps and the lack of protection along the sides. Jeff knew exactly what to do and got it back to me very quickly.

Here's the finished product:

IMG_4476.JPG

It still fits great and maintains the low profile. If you have a Douglas and want to make a few tweaks, Jeff's your man!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2016 at 4:52 PM, codizzled said:

@GerryB @mbkcoach I had already purchased it a few months ago from UA for $189. It was $30 for the plates for the shoulder gaps and $30 for the wings on the side. So yeah, I guess it was about $250 in all, not including any shipping costs.

Do you have a number for your contact I have the same exact CP and want to get mine done as well?

@ChrisUrbz The number is 713-697-9787. When the receptionist answers, just tell her you would like to speak to Jeff Cook. Unfortunately, I do not have his direct line. Or if email is easier, Jeff's address is jeffcook@douglaspads.com.

4 minutes ago, codizzled said:

@ChrisUrbz The number is 713-697-9787. When the receptionist answers, just tell her you would like to speak to Jeff Cook. Unfortunately, I do not have his direct line. Or if email is easier, Jeff's address is jeffcook@douglaspads.com.

Awesome thank you!!!