NEW New Balance Plate Shoe

codizzle
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2651 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I like the fact that it doesn't look like someone just riveted a metatarsal plate onto a shoe. I have always thought that the N always looked misplaced...but I'd try these, especially after the mashing my big toe took from a splitter that somehow hit my Zigs in a way that crushed it.

Looks like the same ole mid-sole technology. The foam will compress after awhile and will stop providing much cushioning. Also, it looks like the same outsole as the most recent model. I like that they appear lower and lighter.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, mbkcoach said:

Smart to go add side protection with the way so many guys stand behind the plate bow legged. 

How do you want them to stand?

14 hours ago, codizzled said:

I found this floating around the web. Thoughts?

72f6fd1b72a37c894cd4aaa1002c6501.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it comes in mid.

@LRZ, that's a copious amount of polish. Patent Leather would have a mirror-like gloss, while that is more of sheen. New Balance isn't likely to increase the cost and complexity of these shoes by utilizing an otherwise exotic (and fussy) material.

I agree completely with @Matt, these latest prototypes, with their flush "ramp" between upper and metatarsal guard look so much better and more refined than their predecessors. The 460's have that blunt "bulkhead" look to them due to the guard floating atop and attached by a folded back anchor strap.

I'm with @MikeSafari on this too, I'm likely to get a standard low-cut version if offered. The mid-cut 460's don't engage with Force3 Ultimates very well, and cause chafing on each other.

I see New Balance making a low-cut and a mid-cut, offering 2 cuts to the market instead of 1 cut (mid) in 2 different cosmetic styles (outlined N "black" or solid N "white"). That was a waste of a SKU.

11 hours ago, codizzled said:

Here's the all-black mid-cut.

I guess that means the one at the top of this thread is actually the low-cut. Doesn't look very low to me :\

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MikeSafari said:

I guess that means the one at the top of this thread is actually the low-cut. Doesn't look very low to me :\

Probably has to do with the angle of the metatarsal plate and how far back it is compared to the current shoe.

The tread pattern is very different. I say let the MLB guys with clubbies to help keep them clean wear the shoes with the white "N". The all black will be easier to clean and polish.

1 minute ago, KenBAZ said:

The tread pattern is very different. I say let the MLB guys with clubbies to help keep them clean should wear the shoes with the white "N". The all black will be easier to clean and polish.

We live in the desert. All we have to do is wipe them off. ha

3 minutes ago, KenBAZ said:

The tread pattern is very different. I say let the MLB guys with clubbies to help keep them clean should wear the shoes with the white "N". The all black will be easier to clean and polish.

with a sheen like that you don't need polish ........  water, and/or solution of Murphy's oil soap & water ....wipe, repeat :nod: