Retirement? Sale

noumpere
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2288 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 1 month later...

Lots of stuff has sold.  Here's what I think I have left.  Buyer pays shipping (but that's negotiable if you buy lots of stuff):

I need to pack this stuff up for the winter, so this is your chance to get it for fall ball, or wait until next spring.

Honigs Chest Protector -- K1.  12" from neck to base.  Plus I added a 2" extension (removable -- just velcro) for a total of 14".  WOrn a lot, but no stains or anything.  Includes removable bicep protectors.  $100

Plate and Base Shoes -- New Balance.  Whatever the model was a couple of years ago.  Not worn much (see the WV Platinum). Size 9.5, I think -- maybe 10.   Size 10-4E (both).  Plate is NB 460; Base is NB950 (I think)  Plate $70; Base $50

Plate Shoes -- NB 450.  Worn a couple of years.  Shows some wear, but no tears or anything.  Size 10-4E. $50

Base Shoes -- Reebok 980.  Worn a couple of years.  Shows some wear..  SIze 11. $25

Wilson Shin Guards -- I forget the model, but they are gray with the hard ankle protectors.  These are a bit worn. $45

Honigs Shins -- Model K20-18".  Worn a lot,  Shows some wear.  $30

Smitty Pants -- Plate and bases.  In good shape.  Size 34. (I normally wear 34x32 in "everyday pants" -- the plate pants have been hemmed to allow for shins and plate shoes)  Adjustable waist.  Multiple pairs of each. I seem to have 4 base and three plate.  Still looking for more. Plus 1 pair without the adjustable waist. These are nearly an exact match for the Honigs poly-wools (once you are more than 5' from your partner, no one will be able to tell the difference) $25

Gerry Davis Pants -- the first version.  Same size as above.  I think 1 base and 1 plate (maybe 2 of each).  Size 34 but also with the adjustable waist. The base have been "rehemmed" so there's not much fabric left if you need to lengthen; plenty of room to lengthen on the plate pants. $25

Honigs shoe bags -- 2 sets of 2.  Still in original package.  $10 each.

Navy blue shirts $10  Official Choice - 2 L, 4 XL.  some with IHSA patch on sleeve; some without.  1 Teamwiork, size XL(?) IHS patch  1 long sleeved Honigs -- $10 each

Honigs pullover blue jacket;very good to excellent condition; size XL -- $35

Navy ball bags -- at least 2, maybe more.  $5 each.

Assorted brushes, indiclickers, -- make an offer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another pair of shoes sold..  Here's what I think I have left.  Buyer pays shipping (but that's negotiable if you buy lots of stuff):

Honigs Chest Protector -- K1.  12" from neck to base.  Plus I added a 2" extension (removable -- just velcro) for a total of 14".  Worn a lot, but no stains or anything.  Includes removable bicep protectors.  $100

Plate and Base Shoes -- New Balance.  Whatever the model was a couple of years ago.  Not worn much (see the WV Platinum). Size 9.5, I think -- maybe 10.   Size 10-4E (both).  Plate is NB 460; Base is NB950 (I think)  Plate $70; Base $50

Plate Shoes -- NB 450.  Worn a couple of years.  Shows some wear, but no tears or anything.  Size 10-4E. $50

Base Shoes -- Reebok 980.  Worn a couple of years.  Shows some wear..  SIze 11. $25

Wilson Shin Guards -- I forget the model, but they are gray with the hard ankle protectors.  These are a bit worn. $45

Smitty Pants -- Plate and bases.  In good shape.  Size 34. (I normally wear 34x32 in "everyday pants" -- the plate pants have been hemmed to allow for shins and plate shoes)  Adjustable waist.  Multiple pairs of each. I seem to have 4 base and three plate.  Still looking for more. Plus 1 pair without the adjustable waist. These are nearly an exact match for the Honigs poly-wools (once you are more than 5' from your partner, no one will be able to tell the difference) $25

Gerry Davis Pants -- the first version.  Same size as above.  I think 1 base and 1 plate (maybe 2 of each).  Size 34 but also with the adjustable waist. The base have been "rehemmed" so there's not much fabric left if you need to lengthen; plenty of room to lengthen on the plate pants. $25

Honigs shoe bags -- 2 sets of 2.  Still in original package.  $10 each.

Navy blue shirts $10  Official Choice - 2 L, 4 XL.  some with IHSA patch on sleeve; some without.  1 Teamwiork, size XL(?) IHS patch  1 long sleeved Honigs -- $10 each

Navy ball bags -- at least 2, maybe more.  $5 each.

On 11/29/2016 at 7:16 AM, noumpere said:

I have retired.  I am (mostly) at peace with that decision.  I am sure that I will miss it come the first warm day of spring.

You know, @noumpere, reading this thread... and knowing what I know of you as an umpire here on U-E... have you considered continuing as a trainer / evaluator / rules advocate? Perhaps it's just local, or perhaps more regional. Maybe you stay in off-field attire exclusively, or perhaps you lace 'em up in the spring for a game so as to demonstrate to developing umpires. You could be called in at the behest of associations in your region, give your expert perspective, and then leave for the next ... whatever you have next in your calendar.

It would certainly allieve you of the game-to-game grind.

I can't help but see a parallel to you and to someone of @MidAmUmp's staff and direct colleagues. I'd actually welcome being evaluated by an umpire of your experience... at least you'd be able to see what the heck I'm talking about instead of reading my rather... exhaustive... explanations. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

More stuff sold this past weekend -- but I also found a mask (I'll try to get a picture)

Honigs Chest Protector -- K1.  12" from neck to base.  Plus I added a 2" extension (removable -- just velcro) for a total of 14".  Worn a lot, but no stains or anything.  Includes removable bicep protectors.  $100

Smitty Pants -- Plate and bases.  In good shape.  Size 34. (I normally wear 34x32 in "everyday pants" -- the plate pants have been hemmed to allow for shins and plate shoes)  Adjustable waist.  Multiple pairs of each. I seem to have 4 base and three plate.  Still looking for more. Plus 1 pair of plate and base without the adjustable waist. These are nearly an exact match for the Honigs poly-wools (once you are more than 5' from your partner, no one will be able to tell the difference) $25

Honigs shoe bags -- 2 sets of 2.  Still in original package.  $10 each. (I might have sold these -- I will have to check)

Navy blue shirts $10  Official Choice - 2 L, 4 XL.  some with IHSA patch on sleeve; some without.  1 Teamwiork, size XL(?) IHS patch  1 long sleeved Honigs -- $10 each I have a few shirts left but I'm not sure of the exact brand or size.  Most have the IHSA logo / or patch on the sleeve.

NEW:  Mask frame.  I think it's a wilson dynalite (or whatever came on the A3009) -- but I'm not sure.  I have pads, but they are old and I'd strongly suggest they be replaced.

NEW: Old style Navy jacket with the snaps in the front and a fleece lining.  Has IHSA logo on the front.

Any offers considered.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I don't know that @Umpire81 is the same as @Hoggie, just noticed the name at the bottom. But if so, look at http://umpire-empire.com/topic/63860-transaction-experience-thread/?page=17&tab=comments#comment-327852 (comments starting 5/4/17).

1 hour ago, kylehutson said:

I don't know that @Umpire81 is the same as @Hoggie, just noticed the name at the bottom. But if so, look at http://umpire-empire.com/topic/63860-transaction-experience-thread/?page=17&tab=comments#comment-327852 (comments starting 5/4/17).

He found his way back... :shakehead:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, udbrky said:

Hoggie is active on some facebook groups as well. I've alerted mutual friends about his actions here. 

I don't think the above clip fits this situation ...

I pretty much ignore anything he says or does on there.

Also... sorry about that. Total misfire on my part.:blush2:

I have no personal dealings with this person, but be careful of checks.  In my understanding,  all banks will cash any check - but it could still come back and have insufficient funds (aka bounce) and then you're responsible as the account-holder.    If you take checks, I'd wait 3-4 days for it to clear as Kyle is recommending before I sent out any gear.

As a rule, I don't do checks.  This is why I use PayPal, once they send money to my account - it's mine and I don't have to worry about being stuck with losing my gear and the buyer's rubber funds. I'll pay a small fee to not have to do the waiting or worrying game.  Of course, if you utilize the Friends and Family option, then there are no fees either.