Jump/turn to 3B

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2851 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

LL Junior.  R2 breaks stupid-early, while the RHP is set.  Pitcher does a jump/turn and throws to 3B for the out.  (Obviously not a violation of OBR 6.02 (4) because the throw is for the purpose of making a play.)  What ways could a pitcher balk on this?  What are you watching for?  Anything different than a jump/turn to 1B?

A RHP did a jump turn towards third? I'm having a difficult time envisioning what this would look like. Maybe you mean a lefty? If so that's a balk as no feint to third is allowed any more. 

I'm not sure I understand the question. We don't care about jump step, jab step, jump turn, inside move or any other player/coach terminology.

We care about whether the move satisfies the requirement of a step to the base. That's what I'm looking for.

• Like 1

Did he gain direction and distance towards 3rd? Did he commit to pitch prior to throwing to third? Was his move continuous? Did he disengage the rubber prior to throwing to 3rd?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...