Hockey style explosion

conbo61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2862 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

18 minutes ago, maven said:

I suspect that helmet had been altered somehow, or else defective. I don't think that's possible with an unaltered helmet.

That is why they have to be painted by someone who is approved by the manufacturer. Some of the paints can soften or hurt the material. My brother was a hockey goalie, and it was a big deal to find someone who was 'authorized'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Minnz said:

I find it odd that he went to the two piece after.

He had the hockey style back an inning or two later.  I think it was just a matter of what was on hand immediately. 

On 12/06/2016 at 7:43 PM, maven said:

I suspect that helmet had been altered somehow, or else defective. I don't think that's possible with an unaltered helmet.

It is an older model Easton Stealth they are made of ABS plastic, not the strongest of pastics used in the equipment industry. 

I highly doubt that it has been altered in any way. The equipment managers at the major colleges are all certified through AEMA, and would risk an athlete's safety like that.