Impulse Buy...Wilson Aluminum Dyna-Lite

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2886 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Ok, I'm thinking I want a new mask. I currently have the All-Star FM25TI, and I'm thinking about getting a Wilson Aluminum Dyna-Lite. However, I'm a little concerned about the weight being higher on the Wilson...anyone have any thoughts (in particular, does anyone have experience with both?) Thanks.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ok, I'm thinking I want a new mask. I currently have the All-Star FM25TI, and I'm thinking about getting a Wilson Aluminum Dyna-Lite. However, I'm a little concerned about the weight being higher on the Wilson...anyone have any thoughts (in particular, does anyone have experience with both?) Thanks.

I can't speak on behalf of the All-Star but my Wilson aluminum is my primary rig and I love it. It's really light IMO.

I don't own one but I've worked with a few guys who do and I've felt the Wilson, and it's not as light as you might think, mainly due to the weight of the pads. In comparison, my +POS ZRO-G is significantly lighter than the Wilson.

But honestly I don't think you'll find the weight that much of a "problem;" it's just not as light as you're used to.