Cool Helicopters Flew Over the School Parking Lot

LittleBlue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2901 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

My partner and I were getting dressed and we heard this loud rumbling. My partner thought it was the train tracks behind the field until I pointed these 2 out. Really cool to watch them fly by. They flew by again about a half hour later, followed by 2 green helicopters. Might have something to do with Obama coming to NJ.

20160512_151158.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Those are Ospreys. I don't know why they'd be involved in a Presidential move. The green (true) helicopters could have been anything. 

Should have clarified. The green ones had the white tops and looked exactly like the ones that the big guy gets in at the White House. There were only 2 though and I thought the usually fly with 3 if the President is in one.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:18 PM, Matt said:

Those are Ospreys. I don't know why they'd be involved in a Presidential move. The green (true) helicopters could have been anything. 

Marine One is operated by HMX-1, which uses Ospreys as support aircraft for missions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjb said:

Marine One is operated by HMX-1, which uses Ospreys as support aircraft for missions.

Interesting. Could be planning for when he comes to Rutgers on Sunday. The field I was at was only about 7 miles from where he would be.