Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Radie 88

New Ump from NYC

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys.. Glad I found this forum.. Looks like I'll like it here...

I grew up watching my dad ump and always wanted to do it.. I always say that I wanted to be an ump before I wanted to be a ball player...

Finally got my foot in the door this year, doing little league games.. Will be attending ump school in January (2017) so that I can graduate to higher grounds and continue this passion.

I truly love being on the field. I'm very proud to wear my uniform, even for just my small Little League games. I just wish I could find a way to make this a full time job!

My dad would tell me that if an umpire did an absolute perfect job, then the coaches wouldn't even be able to pick you out of a police lineup. He obviously knew how unrealistic that was, but it always stuck in my mind as something to shoot for each game.

Anyway, I'm excited to be in the fraternity and to have found this site. 

1 person likes this

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
On 5/31/2016 at 1:55 PM, TheRockawayKid said:

Welcome! 

As another ump from the five boroughs, let me know if I can help you out when you're done with schools. 

@TheRockawayKid

I'm a little late seeing this, but seeing as school is just about over.. I'll keep you in mind. 

I am one of the umpire instructors for a large complex in Bellrose Queens and we are looking for umpires.

No fees involved so if interested contact me at temkinmatthew@yahoo.com

1 person likes this