First and easy EJ

Mudisfun
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2892 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

JV league game this afternoon... first ejection ever for me in the 4 years I have been calling ball. Easiest one ever to call. All I did was confirm the players desire to no longer be a participant in the game.

Details of the report are below... names have been changed to protect the embarrassed. 

Game Level

Junior Varsity

Reason(s) for the Ejection

B) Unsportsmanlike Conduct
F) Throwing of Equipment

Detailed Explanation for Each Disqualification:

Top of the 7th inning with the game tied 1-1  with runners on 1st and 2nd: player Joe Blow struck out swinging for the first out of the inning. On exiting the batters box player Blow aggressively struck his bat into the ground 2-3 times while yelling loudly "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" 2-3 times in conjunction with his bat swinging. He then removed his helmet and violently threw it into the ground.

At the conclusion of player Blows display I immediately ejected him for throwing his equipment and unsportsmanlike like conduct.

I approached the Head Coach, Some Guy and asked him for the full name of the player I just ejected. He immediately provided the requested information. After taking a couple minutes to write my notes on what occurred the game continued on with no further issues.

• Like 5