2 man crew

Guest B
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2950 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

2 man crew. I am in C with runners on 1st and 2nd with less than 2 outs. Fly ball

is to left center so I am on the tag up at 2nd and the catch. My question is- if there is a tag up and a play at 3rd who has the call. Field umpire or plate man? Let's assume there is no play at 2nd bc the guy on 1st stayed put. 

4 answers to this question

2 man crew. I am in C with runners on 1st and 2nd with less than 2 outs. Fly ball

is to left center so I am on the tag up at 2nd and the catch. My question is- if there is a tag up and a play at 3rd who has the call. Field umpire or plate man? Let's assume there is no play at 2nd bc the guy on 1st stayed put. 

Prime example of a rotation situation.

PU should be at 3B for R2 advancing to 3B. FU is responsible for R1 advancing to 2B. Remember FU has the catch as well as both tags/retouches

Batter is out, so PU gets the lead runner, FU gets the other runner.

PU should be giving the FU a verbal cue that he/she will be at 3B for that play. Also- pregame it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ALStripes17 said:

Prime example of a rotation situation.

PU should be at 3B for R2 advancing to 3B. FU is responsible for R1 advancing to 2B. Remember FU has the catch as well as both tags/retouches

Batter is out, so PU gets the lead runner, FU gets the other runner.

PU should be giving the FU a verbal cue that he/she will be at 3B for that play. Also- pregame it.

Fed Manual has the tag up at 2B as the PU responsibility. Well in Fed speak, it is U1 who has the responsibility

NJ has specifically selected this play as a test question and is enforcing "proper" mechanics this year.

56d4eb9edd97d_Fedmechanic.jpg.5fa0f5a311

Fed Manual has the tag up at 2B as the PU responsibility. Well in Fed speak, it is U1 who has the responsibility

NJ has specifically selected this play as a test question and is enforcing "proper" mechanics this year.

56d4eb9edd97d_Fedmechanic.jpg.5fa0f5a311109ad0f2bf9cb6a4a8260c.jpg

The same manual that doesn't mention one word about responsibility of R2's tag up... And by R2, I actually mean R1... Ya know, the runner at 1B.

In seriousness, nice catch Kevin. Sad that some states actually have to use that manual...