FOR SALE: NEW M/L GOLD AND USED DOUGLAS 13 BLACK

FranklinT
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2693 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

1 minute ago, ChrisUrbz said:

Douglas.....

Lol... if I didn't already have an original WV on its way, I would have seriously considered buying this one. It is a little short. But I would send it to Douglas to get the pad extended.

It isn't any shorter than my L/XL Gold.

Just now, BT_Blue said:

Lol... if I didn't already have an original WV on its way, I would have seriously considered buying this one. It is a little short. But I would send it to Douglas to get the pad extended.

It isn't any shorter than my L/XL Gold.

Great CP I have a grey one I will be sending off to get the wings and shoulder caps put on I love how light it is as well as the protection... Can't go wrong with the WV I have the Gold and Platinum...

Just now, ChrisUrbz said:

Great CP I have a grey one I will be sending off to get the wings and shoulder caps put on I love how light it is as well as the protection... Can't go wrong with the WV I have the Gold and Platinum...

I have only really owned a Gold. I have had other chest protectors. But only have used the Gold in the last 15-20 years.

But I want to see if I could find something lower profile but the same amount of protection. I wanted to do the TW retrofit. But missued out on it.

15 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

I have only really owned a Gold. I have had other chest protectors. But only have used the Gold in the last 15-20 years.

But I want to see if I could find something lower profile but the same amount of protection. I wanted to do the TW retrofit. But missued out on it.

TW retro is awesome have both my WV done. Next one is the Force 3 V2 I have V1 and love it too.

35 minutes ago, ChrisUrbz said:

The WVG is great but I got a 15" gray Douglas and I'm not looking back

14 minutes ago, tpatience said:

How does it fit? I got this Douglas that was for sale here and I hope it covers all my ribs.

In terms of length, my 15" comes down just above my belly button, less than an inch. As you know I'm 6'3 and wear a 34 inch inseam pant, to give you an idea of my torso length. I bought my Douglas new so it was rigid out of the box, but I pulled the straps really tight and wore it with a shirt and now it's molded to me a bit. This is comparing apples to oranges here but for my cp I think t hooks would be better to pull it tight because the bottom plate sticks out just a bit. 

1 hour ago, tpatience said:

How does it fit? I got this Douglas that was for sale here and I hope it covers all my ribs.

The way I understand it, the Douglas actually gets wider as it gets longer.

If you currently wear a L/XL Gold, it is just a half inch shorter. Personally, it just barely misses covering the bottom rib on me. A 14" CP would work best for me. And I stand a great big 5'9.5" so take that as you will.

I recommend talking to someone like @Thunderheads. He as an original Douglas WV. But the prinicle would still be the same. He had Jeff Cook at Douglas shorten the padding on his CP to 13.5" from 15. But he needed to get the 15 to get coverage width wise.

I plan on doing the same with mine when I get it. I want it shortened to around that 14" mark. And since I am doing that. I might as well change the color of the pad... Cause I can.

New pads run around $30 and you have a nice choice of colors (I am thinking of going with Orange padding and Black lining). The gap plates and T-hooks will run you another $45-50 combined.

Also... Keep in mind that Douglas will charge you sales tax if you live in a state that has that. For me, it is 8.84% here in Washington because they have distributors here in the state.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stk004 said:

In terms of length, my 15" comes down just above my belly button, less than an inch. As you know I'm 6'3 and wear a 34 inch inseam pant, to give you an idea of my torso length. I bought my Douglas new so it was rigid out of the box, but I pulled the straps really tight and wore it with a shirt and now it's molded to me a bit. This is comparing apples to oranges here but for my cp I think t hooks would be better to pull it tight because the bottom plate sticks out just a bit. 

Ok. Thanks. I don't like the CP that low on my torso so I think either the 13" Douglas or 13.5" platinum will be just fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

You guys need to start labeling your name on the plastic chest protectors ala Larry Vanover.

I think that would be hilarious!

Would be lots of fun seeing where the gear comes from and if anyone else on the page had that gear before the current owner.