Register or Sign In to remove these ads
Sign in to follow this  
Lefty

Force 3 mask

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
7 hours ago, Lefty said:

Has anyone used the new force 3 mask?  If so what is your feeling about it.

Thanks 

Lefty

I have used it, and love it. I'm going to start my second season with it. Got hit various times in high level baseball while using it and performed as advertised. Weights just a tiny more than other masks but the protection and the confidence that it gives you, outnumber anything else. My recommendation is get it you will not regret it. I got the silver frame with black pads, but now there are more cage/pads color combinations.

I also have this mask. Used it for fall season last year and loved it.  Everyone I let see it tell me they don't like the extra weight and I tell them if a few oz bother you over the course of a few hours get your butt off the sofa and work out. I will take saftey over less weight all day. I have silver and black also.

I didn't care for the way it fit my face. Masks, like most all our gear, are not "one size fits all".

I do believe they offer a better level of protection for some shots, and hats off to them for some innovative thinking.

I picked one up when the vendors were at our high school meeting. I couldn't use this mask coming from a Rawlings ti and a Wilson ti. Way heavier than the standard masks on sale these days.

1 hour ago, WES2006AG said:

I picked one up when the vendors were at our high school meeting. I couldn't use this mask coming from a Rawlings ti and a Wilson ti. Way heavier than the standard masks on sale these days.

Hit the gym, do a neck strength routine :wave:

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Umpire in Chief
      The Wilson® Silver Dyna-Lite™ Aluminum Umpire Mask is the lightest umpire face mask available from Wilson.  It offers the same lightweight feel as titanium-without the cost. The memory foam mask pads are wrapped in a moisture wicking fabric for the best in comfort, perspiration management and protection.
      Features:
      Unique construction: Anodized silver aluminum cage provides an improved, clear field of vision Lightweight: Weighs approximately 1.3lbs (.58kg) with harness and pads Comfort, Protection, and Performance: Non-wraparound memory foam padding allows the mask to sit closer to face for better vision. This mask is available exclusively from our friends at Ump-Attire.com.
    • By Umpire in Chief
      My Diamond Ultimate 30" Equipment bag has reached it end of life. This year it remained on life support having had to glue one of the wheels in with Gorilla Glue. 
      So now find myself contemplating 2 bags:
      FORCE3 ULTIMATE 32" UMPIRE EQUIPMENT BAG ON WHEELS
      eBags TLS Mother Lode 29" Wheeled Duffel
      They both get a lot of positive mentions here. But here is one thing that is somewhat important to me, but I've never seen mentioned here; breath-ability.
      Why you ask?  After a game here in the summer my equipment is weighed down with tons of nasty sweat. So after my game I don't put my equipment back in the bag so it can air out - the best they can in my trunk. I would like to put it back where it belongs in my bag, but if I did my equipment would never dry out. 
      I'd love your thoughts pros/cons on each!
    • By zsnell
      Does not have the pectoral or throat Velcro attachment with the CP, but the do have the stomach attachment. Asking $150 including shipping. Only worn 5 games 

• By MadMax
      I'm sitting in a Texas Roadhouse after calling 9 baseball games over the past 3 days in 117°+ Arizona heat, watching the Mets get shellacked yet again by the Dodgers, when I notice the camera zoom way, way, waaaaaayyyyy in on Travis d'Arnaud and the Force3 Defender mask he's wearing. Travis is new to the Defender TM, having previously used the Mizuno Samurai HSM. The Samurai is one of the most thoroughly padded HSMs on the market, but doesn't get enough play besides the sleeker, more sculpted All-Star System 7's and Easton M-series.
      With the camera zoomed in on the telltale, trademark springs of the Defender, I begin reading the closed captioning of the two ESPN broadcasters discussing the details of the mask, and how it is progressively suited to reducing impact force and the likelihood of concussions. The camera pans to show all three spring points, and even shows the profile shape, with the broadcasters pointing out the standoff distance. They go on to say several catchers in the league are now using it, and there is now a hockey-style version on the market (the Defender HSM).
      In a move of directorial brilliance (the guy in the truck should get an Emmy nomination), the camera then pans to zoom in on Lance Barksdale as PU for tonight's game... wearing a Wilson Titanium Low Profile... with Wilson leather wraparound pads...
      Sigh. Facepalm.
      The broadcasters then contrast the Defender TM against the Wilson TiLP, and how little protection it affords the umpire. Barksdale's nose is on the verge of poking out of the eyeport, and the mask is nearly flat on his face. One of the broadcasters laments, "I never saw the point of that mask".
      #TimeForChange #GetWiseOffWilson #OtherOptionsExist #HeadInTheGame