Chest protector harness suggestions

Cato the Younger
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2563 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I sent my Douglas West Vest, which I bought from Joe West directly at umpire school back in 1992 to team Wendy to retrofit with their padding. I'm still using the original elastic harness. I figure this is a good of a time as any to do an upgrade.

Any suggestions for harnesses that would work well with this particular chest protector? The original harness does have the propensity to drift down occasionally particularly when you have weather where one day you're wearing more stuff then another its warm, and you haven't battened down the straps for the warm weather.

Delta Flex all the way.  I was surprised how much better my Platinum fit after I swapped it out.  Much snugger and sat up higher.

I did have to duct tape the straps as, due to my "girthiness", the straps tended to pull through the clips.

I see that Jim Kirk has a nice article on the ump attire site about how to replace with the Delta flex harness.

Here's a link to the article.

https://www.ump-attire.com/Umpire-Articles/How-To-Replace-A-Wilson-Umpire-Chest-Protector-Harness-with-a-Delta-Flex

• Like 2

it's so amazing to me that the Pros don't use this harness also.  All they do is re-adjust their CPs between pitches

With the Delta Flex, you never touch your CP

Thunderheads preaching the gospel on the DF. Without a doubt it will be the best $30 you will ever spend on umpire equipment. Since I bought this for my cp, if I even touch mine during a game its to help get a little air in. You don't realize how much you adjust your cp in a game until you don't have to. 

I make my own and offer custom name or small logo for $25.00 plus shipping

I also give the customer extra harness length for the neck and waist to make it perfect how they want it to fix.

You also have a choice of elastic or webbing...IMO the elastic is way better than the nylon webbing and it makes the fit better

cu 1.jpg

• Like 5

I also give the customer extra harness length for the neck and waist to make it perfect how they want it to fix.

You also have a choice of elastic or webbing...IMO the elastic is way better than the nylon webbing and it makes the fit better

cu 1.jpg

Only one photo where is the other photo.

Only one photo where is the other photo.

By far the best harness I have ever used !!

• Like 1

I love the extra 3 inches it gives me over my previous BF. and the fit is perfect. Cant go wrong with razz  

^^^^^That's what she said.

edited. As shown above. For fun. I'm still in junior high in my mind. Hahaha. 

• Like 3