Slide Rule for DP

ERW27
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3018 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

1 area I struggle at with FED is to know what is allowed and not allowed for force play at really any base, but where is it most comes into play is the runner at second during a double play attempt. Does anyone have a presentation or something lined out of what they can or cannot do? I know the fielder is protected to both sides and behind the base, my issue is when the runner does not slide. If he is out by such a distance that he gives himself up what must the runner do to get out of the way? What can he do to intentionally or unintentionally cause INT. 

There's a specific case play where R1 is it by the throw.  No INT.

In that play, R1 is "less than halfway" to second.  Left open, then, is exactly where does R1 need to slide.  I personally use "where ever he would normally slide" -- with the benefit of the doubt to the defense -- and I kind of know where that is, I don't know whether it's 15' or 20' or 25'... from the bag. 

• Like 1

1 area I struggle at with FED is to know what is allowed and not allowed for force play at really any base, but where is it most comes into play is the runner at second during a double play attempt. Does anyone have a presentation or something lined out of what they can or cannot do? I know the fielder is protected to both sides and behind the base, my issue is when the runner does not slide. If he is out by such a distance that he gives himself up what must the runner do to get out of the way? What can he do to intentionally or unintentionally cause INT. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GuwM4YCUIA

Bookmark it. I watch it at least twice a year. 

• Like 3