Typical Uniform

Storm13
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3025 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Every league and organization I work for have different uniforms.

HS - Charcoal pants - navy, powder, black shirts - navy jackets - black & navy hats - state patch

College - Charcoal pants - black shirts - black jackets - plate coat - black hat (all have the logo on them). All of the uniform is purchased through one dealer.

Legion - Charcoal pants - red, powder shirts - navy hats - legion patch and numbers

LL - Charcoal pants - every color known to man shirts - navy & black jackets - navy and black hats - District logo and numbers

Every group has their own patch/logo, so shirts, jackets and hats add up the $'s.

Youth rec: Heather pants, navy caps and jackets, any color shirt. (But have black hat/ball bag if you want to wear black or pro blue)

Youth travel: Charcoal pants, black hat with logo, black pro blue or cream shirt.

HS: Heather pants, navy hat, navy or powder blue shirt with sublimated state association patch on front and flag on left sleave.

Our little league wears charcoal pants, navy shirt with red under shirt. Navy hat with logo. But with all the teens we just want some sort of grey pants with a belt. All the adults have the correct pants. Shirts we also can wear what ever color we want as long as we match. But hats end up not matching ball bags. Then for TOC and All Stars the district gives us a hat that is black. So you don't match the navy shirts we all have. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HS: Gray (heather or charcoal not specified) pants. Varsity is navy shirt and hat with state patch unless both umpires agree to wear black instead. JV doesn't matter, but must match (which normally means navy since that's all the new guys usually get).

Semi-local USSSA league: Doesn't matter as long as you match, but again, that usually means navy.

Local wreck league: commission-provided t-shirt (gray with the word "UMPIRE" on the back) and that's all - most wear shorts (they are also mostly teenagers using commission-provided gear). I wear my normal gray pants because I like wearing compression pants under my shin guards, and that looks ridiculous even by rec-league standards.