Transaction Experience Thread

Thunderheads

2 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Yes, a rather abbreviated cleaning with some specialized leather cleaner I had lying around.  I was a basic spray & wipe.   You obviously took good care of these shoes.   Do you recall when you first bought them?

2011?

Just now, BrianC14 said:

By the way, what did you do to keep a shine on them?

typically .... water, followed by the beloved water & Murphy's Oil Soap solution, followed by water again ... wipe, and then do the cheap non-scented Aqua Net hair spray ...

note: let air-dry for maximum 'sheen' ;) 

Sometimes I'll do a brief Scrubbing Bubbles spray and let that dry ... that works too!

2 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

typically .... water, followed by the beloved water & Murphy's Oil Soap solution, followed by water again ... wipe, and then do the cheap non-scented Aqua Net hair spray ...

note: let air-dry for maximum 'sheen' ;) 

Sometimes I'll do a brief Scrubbing Bubbles spray and let that dry ... that works too!

Full disclosure:   after the spray & wipe with leather cleaner, I did apply a light touch of Rave aerosol hair spray.  (Wasn't able to find the usual go-to Aquanet).   And apparently you stepped in gum somewhere.... that's gone.   :)

1 hour ago, blue32 said:

Sold @wolfe_man a Douglas Chest Protector. Smooth transaction. I've done a couple transactions with him now, one as the buyer and one as a seller. Would not hesitate to do business again. Very good dude to deal with!

It was a pleasure dealing with you as well, sir!

4 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Full disclosure:   after the spray & wipe with leather cleaner, I did apply a light touch of Rave aerosol hair spray.  (Wasn't able to find the usual go-to Aquanet).   And apparently you stepped in gum somewhere.... that's gone.   :)

NICE! please, what leather cleaner are you using?

Geez, never saw the  gum, sorry!

2 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

NICE! please, what leather cleaner are you using?

Geez, never saw the  gum, sorry!

No worries, it was encrusted with some gravel and actually blended right in the with gray soles.   hahaha

Weiman Leather Cleaner.   Available at WalMart, Bed Bath & Beyond and the like.  Seems a bit pricey to me, though it can be used sparingly (directions call for spraying on a cloth as opposed to spraying directly)....  we bought it for some leather furniture as a spot remover.  It's also for leather shoes, and it did a great job, but Scrubbing Bubbles should continue to do the trick at a lower cost.

weiman.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kevin_K said:

Just got my harnesses from @Razzer. Love the personalization and comfort. Quick turnaround just as promised.

Looking forward to wearing them in this weekend's Memorial Day Tournament. 1st game tonite w/ @Richvee

I should be trying to get in on some of that action lol...I work just over the border in Milford ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to give a shout out to @tpatience. Him and I did a trade recently that went about as smooth as sandpaper. But not for lack of effort on our parts. It was the good ole US Postal Service. It took almost 2 weeks to get my Douglas to him, even though he's only 2 states away. It only took a few days to get it to a post office 40 miles from him, then it sat for 3 more days, then went on a road trip god knows where, before it finally arrived. Not to be outdone, the Gold he sent me got returned because they didn't like something about the packaging, so he had to resend it. 

In spite of all that, it was a great trade. Both parties were extremely happy with the items, and I would trust @tpatience to do another trade anytime. He's a good dude!  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Probably surprises no one. But a great transaction with @wolfe_man for a used 15" black Douglas.

Quick response and even quicker shipping.

Would get a "trusted seller" on here if it had the option.

How many CPs are you sporting these days? :lol:

[mention=4712]ofhs93[/mention]
[mention=118]blue32[/mention]
[mention=314]BT_Blue[/mention]
[mention=4389]tjohnson[/mention]
I have had transactions with the above gentlemen, some of them both buying and selling, and these men have proven themselves to be trustworthy. They made for great experiences. I wholly endorse all of them.

And you as well!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...