Transaction Experience Thread

Thunderheads

5 hours ago, Kresto said:

Smooth transaction with @Stk004  luckily we were close enough and met in person.  Trusted buyer/Seller!!!

It was nice to save money on shipping and just drive down south a little. Great communication from start to finish. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PSA: A while back I sold @Hoggie some shirts and jackets. I wasn’t going to use them anyway, but nonetheless I sold them to him. After countless complications, phone calls, and now plenty of unreturned calls and texts, I still haven’t been paid. I would not recommend dealing with Michael, seeing as he can’t be trusted. At first, communication was fine. Now all my calls and texts have been ignored. He lied about sending a check to me via the mail, only admitting to it when I told him I hadn’t received it. Numerous times he claimed he would be getting paid in a couple days and would then have the money for me, and every time the money “disappeared.” 

To any of you who have already dealt with Michael, hopefully all went well. Any of you who were considering it, I would strongly advise you not to. And, to all of you considering him for a CDP umpire, I’d look for someone more reliable. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stk004 said:

No, and I shouldn't have. 

lesson learned, I asked, as on other sites I'm on, it's not typical of a transaction. 

I hope the dude steps up and does the right thing 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2017 at 9:47 AM, Stk004 said:

PSA: A while back I sold @Hoggie some shirts and jackets. I wasn’t going to use them anyway, but nonetheless I sold them to him. After countless complications, phone calls, and now plenty of unreturned calls and texts, I still haven’t been paid. I would not recommend dealing with Michael, seeing as he can’t be trusted. At first, communication was fine. Now all my calls and texts have been ignored. He lied about sending a check to me via the mail, only admitting to it when I told him I hadn’t received it. Numerous times he claimed he would be getting paid in a couple days and would then have the money for me, and every time the money “disappeared.” 

To any of you who have already dealt with Michael, hopefully all went well. Any of you who were considering it, I would strongly advise you not to. And, to all of you considering him for a CDP umpire, I’d look for someone more reliable. 

There appears to be a pattern. This from the umpire gear for sale FB page, in the last 24 hours. Even though the real names are there, I thought it more appropriate to leave the seller's name out, and post the board name for the individual who who stiffed Stk:

hoggie: how are you doing? Would you have a Wilson Mask with Tan Pads by any chance?
XXX: Nope, when you're promised check never came, I sold it elsewhere
hoggie:Can you inbox me please?
XXX:No
hoggie: I don't know why you never got that for cause the check never came back to me or the bank never showed it was cashed! I know I sent it out shortly after we talked about it!
XXX: I would have expected you to follow up. This is why I don't deal in checks, ever. There are a number of masks here, I'm sure you can find one to your liking.

Sorry to hear he got you, Stk. At least it was for shirts and stuff you weren't using, and not a set of gear or something more substantial. I do appreciate you letting us know!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blue32 said:

There appears to be a pattern. This from the umpire gear for sale FB page, in the last 24 hours. Even though the real names are there, I thought it more appropriate to leave the seller's name out, and post the board name for the individual who who stiffed Stk:

hoggie: how are you doing? Would you have a Wilson Mask with Tan Pads by any chance?
XXX: Nope, when you're promised check never came, I sold it elsewhere
hoggie:Can you inbox me please?
XXX:No
hoggie: I don't know why you never got that for cause the check never came back to me or the bank never showed it was cashed! I know I sent it out shortly after we talked about it!
XXX: I would have expected you to follow up. This is why I don't deal in checks, ever. There are a number of masks here, I'm sure you can find one to your liking.

Sorry to hear he got you, Stk. At least it was for shirts and stuff you weren't using, and not a set of gear or something more substantial. I do appreciate you letting us know!

Yeah, I noticed this guy too. He's always asking if he can inbox someone.  I'd steer clear, something doesn't feel right with this one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BrianC14 said:

Bought these shoes from @Thunderheads.  Great transaction, no issues at all, pleasure to do business with him.

20170526_075640.jpg

Thanks Brian ....I'm assuming those are 'post-cleaning' photos ...NICE!!  Also a great transaction w/ Brian!  DO NOT HESITATE! :nod: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Thanks Brian ....I'm assuming those are 'post-cleaning' photos ...NICE!!  Also a great transaction w/ Brian!  DO NOT HESITATE! :nod: 

Those met plates look an awful lot like a Mizuno shovel...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Yes, a rather abbreviated cleaning with some specialized leather cleaner I had lying around.  I was a basic spray & wipe.   You obviously took good care of these shoes.   Do you recall when you first bought them?