Post game ejection

Mizzou2016
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3129 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Relatively easy ejection last week - game is over, and all of a sudden the losing coach feels entitled to argue about my zone. Get out of here, sit in the bus for the JV game.

Funny/irritating moments from this game.

1st inning, F2 - "so what are you going to give us, for your zone" Me - "if it's a strike, I'll call it a strike, how about that" F2 - "come on man, we're friends, that's how this works." I just shook my head, no idea what was going through this kids head.

Sometime in the middle of the game, the coach asks me to speed up my strike call. Apparently my timing was throwing him off. Sorry coach, no can do. You'd like it a lot less if I started missing pitches. 

Edited by StevenCraze
fix phone format

Was he keeping up with you as you briskly walked out the gate. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but he'd have a hard time getting my attention as I leave the ballfield. If you stop to entertain his horse$#!+, you're asking for trouble.

Have to agree with Rick here. If he was blocking your way and making a show then I totally understand a post game here. If he's just yelling from wherever he was on the field just let it go. I was at a game this year in Anaheim hosting the Tigers with Adam Hamari on the dish and he ended the game on a strikeout that the batter didn't like and the batter stayed in the box and protested. Adam retreated back as far as he could towards the umpire exit while waiting for his crew and just let the guy go. I thought it was very good situation handling on his part.

Was he keeping up with you as you briskly walked out the gate. I'm not saying it couldn't be done, but he'd have a hard time getting my attention as I leave the ballfield. If you stop to entertain his horse$#!+, you're asking for trouble.

Had to walk past him in order to get to the gate - gate was beyond the 3rd base dugout, he was coaching 3rd. Yea, I stopped . . .to eject him. Only after he made a scene.

I know you're not defending that chicken sh*t action of the coach, right? Games over and he thinks he has a license to start arguing balls and strikes. 

Sorry, no umpire should put up with that at the HS level - whether you're walking off the field or if you're waiting for your partner, it doesn't matter. The game is over, participants should treat it that way.

• Like 1

Had to walk past him in order to get to the gate - gate was beyond the 3rd base dugout, he was coaching 3rd. Yea, I stopped . . .to eject him. Only after he made a scene.
I know you're not defending that chicken sh*t action of the coach, right? Games over and he thinks he has a license to start arguing balls and strikes. 

Sorry, no umpire should put up with that at the HS level - whether you're walking off the field or if you're waiting for your partner, it doesn't matter. The game is over, participants should treat it that way.

I agree.  I think it's especially important to eject post game when the children throw tantrums.  They need to know that the last pitch being thrown doesn't give them license to start in on you AT ALL.

We say that any one of the 3 P's can get someone ejected (personal, profane, persistent). If someone is persistently arguing balls/strike, they are subject to be EJ'd. When you get out of there promptly after a game, you eliminate the possibility of him persistently arguing B/S (he can't be persistent if he's out of ear-shot).

Your OP only states that he's post-game arguing B/S (nothing about him getting personal or profane). If he busted past your threshold of the other 2 P's, then by all means EJ. But if coach is making "a scene" about my KZ as I'm leaving, I just wave AMF.