New New Balance Shoes

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2480 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I picked up the brand new NB catalog at the local sporting goods shop. Three new base shoes. The 1000v2 were already released to Honigs. This is the first I've seen of the new 950v2 in mid and low. See images below. Discuss.

19805957761_262b85fe58_b.jpgimage by powermatt99, on Flickr

19613136870_d8fda879f6_b.jpgimage by powermatt99, on Flickr

Edited by Matthew Turner

I wear NB460's on the plate and just recently bought the new NB950's this year.......I absolutely love them both.  When these shoes retire, I'll most-definitely be looking to the newer NBs.  I like the aggressive tread design.  I was very worried about the tread on the 950 base shoe, but so far.....so good.

@Thunderheads, that is my understanding.  @gnhbua I was a little surprised by that as well, as the new shoes have a more sporty look to them, like the Zigmagistrate, size 14 may have maxed out their mold and they didn't see the need for larger size.  That's what Reebok always told me, not enough need for the added expense.

I have had the 1000v2s all season. I thought I would only use them for artificial surfaces due to the relatively tame tread. They're so light and comfortable, though, I've started using them for all games on the bases. I haven't come close to slipping once despite the tread design. I don't work games before June so maybe the swampier spring games might bring different results. As it stands, however, I am extremely satisfied by these.

@Thunderheads, the 460's will continue as is for another year.  We will have samples of the 950v2's at NASO next weekend and should have them in stock by December.

I need them now!!!!  :D

• 3 weeks later...

So, I've been looking for some new field shoes, because the ones that I recently bought suck. I was looking and found NB 950s. Anyone have input/review that they would like to share or even other field shoes you use that are comfortable?

So, I've been looking for some new field shoes, because the ones that I recently bought suck. I was looking and found NB 950s. Anyone have input/review that they would like to share or even other field shoes you use that are comfortable?

Luv 'em, luv 'em, luv 'em. Incredibly light and the grip is terrific.

The big plus for me was the high top version. I use Spot-Bilts for HS season and my ankle never feels quite stable. These provide great stability.

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, Cav said:

Can anyone give a report on the performance/maintenance of the NB950v2?   

Outstanding shoe. True to size and extremely comfortable.