UE hits the field

BRUMP
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3189 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

well the picture says it all me and @LMSANS will be hitting the field together for the first time on sunday. wanted to give you all a heads up when larry posts on monday about his terrible partner over the weekend you know who it was!! should be a fun game!!

ue.PNG

EDIT- how do you tag someone?

Edited by BRUMP
  • Like 3

Oh good grief, both "Michigan Jeffs" on the same diamond??!

Your plate meeting will blow... the coaches'... minds.

In keeping with Lewis Black, it will be the end of the universe. The pitcher will be standing on the mound, looking in at Umpire Jeff and his catcher, and will say to himself, "If I turn around, I'm likely to see my infielders, and another umpire. This umpire would probably be a Bill, or Stan, perhaps a Steve... But it's another Jeff!!!!!"

I'm jealous... I've worked with several other U-E members at CDP, but none here close to home. Still have yet to work with @Matthew Turner...

• Like 2

well the picture says it all me and @LMSANS will be hitting the field together for the first time on sunday. wanted to give you all a heads up when larry posts on monday about his terrible partner over the weekend you know who it was!! should be a fun game!!

ue.PNG

EDIT- how do you tag someone?

With the hand or glove holding the ball.   Sorry, I had to...........

• Like 3

Oh good grief, both "Michigan Jeffs" on the same diamond??!

Your plate meeting will blow... the coaches'... minds.

In keeping with Lewis Black, it will be the end of the universe. The pitcher will be standing on the mound, looking in at Umpire Jeff and his catcher, and will say to himself, "If I turn around, I'm likely to see my infielders, and another umpire. This umpire would probably be a Bill, or Stan, perhaps a Steve... But it's another Jeff!!!!!"

I'm jealous... I've worked with several other U-E members at CDP, but none here close to home. Still have yet to work with @Matthew Turner...

I worked with @Umpirechick1 at CDP and then down here as soon as she came back.  I believe that is the only UE peep I have worked with.

• Like 1

Getting late in the LL season.  Is this a Section tournament?

Around here we have District, Section, Sub-Division, Division, Region LL tournaments.

NJ has District, then Sections, and the section winners go to the states, winer to the regional in Bristol. My home district is hosting one of the Sectionals starting tonight. I've got the dish tonight for the opener. Should be fun. 

If I  play in a slo-pitch tournament tonight in which the umpire is one of my best buddies who claims to use U-E but whom I've never seen here, does that still count?  One day I'll make it to a big city and a UE-ite will have to suffer me. AND my navy polos.

Former (?) home to an extensive mental health facility...

my hometown...that place is 2 min from my house

NJ has District, then Sections, and the section winners go to the states, winer to the regional in Bristol. My home district is hosting one of the Sectionals starting tonight. I've got the dish tonight for the opener. Should be fun. 

districts is done w the exception of one division...(that will finish next fri)...my home LL (the same one I'm working w larry at) is hosting a sectional that ill help w before i head up to CDP but before that i have one more district championship game ahead of me which makes 3 for me on the yr (9-10, 10-11, and majors)

• Like 1

And you are familiar with this facility?

MANY moons ago someone had broken into our house and made off with a coffee can of change and a six pack of beer.  

The police found the individual a few blocks away passed out surrounded by some empty beer cans.

Turns out he was a resident of the facility who had been missing for a few weeks and had made his way up to our house in Somerset County.

districts is done w the exception of one division...(that will finish next fri)...my home LL (the same one I'm working w larry at) is hosting a sectional that ill help w before i head up to CDP but before that i have one more district championship game ahead of me which makes 3 for me on the yr (9-10, 10-11, and majors)

THREE District champ games is a very good year.  Way to go!.

• Like 1

wow. That's late. Like I said, section 1  started tonight and we'll be done by Friday if the weather cooperates. If tonight's game is any sign of things to come, it's gonna be a wild and willie week. We had a real good crew tonight and I had a good night behind the plate, but the moans and groans from both sides of the stands on every close pitch/call was amazing...And the number of loud mouth "Daddy wannabe coaches" in the stands was staggering. Can't wait for game 2 tomorrow night.

I don't mind volunteering for the sectional tourney when our district gets it. My assigner does this tourney and he keeps me busy all season so there's no way I can turn him down for a few freebees. Plus we put great crews out there every game who are fun to work with. Usually decent ball also. Just wish the parents had to stay home and watch a webcast.

THREE District champ games is a very good year.  Way to go!.

Thanks...it is nice to be recognized and i d enjoy the games....having a national anthem played before the game and lineups and umpires announced (something that only happens in LL post season play for me) makes it worth the morons in the stands

I don't mind volunteering for the sectional tourney when our district gets it. My assigner does this tourney and he keeps me busy all season so there's no way I can turn him down for a few freebees. Plus we put great crews out there every game who are fun to work with. Usually decent ball also. Just wish the parents had to stay home and watch a webcast.

districts in my district is still paid...(minus one cheap LL) but sectionals is volunteer and you have to be picked...im always on the list of eligible umpires so i try to do a couple when the time comes

well the game went well and somehow larry managed to put up with me.....seriously though it was a pleasure to work with larry and i hope we can do this on a more regular basis....forgot to get a before picture so heres an after (95 and humid)....

IMG_2954.JPG

(I'm the good looking one)

Edited by BRUMP
  • Like 4

The highlight of the game was when I snatched a butterfly out of the air between innings.

Bobby was a pleasure to work with.   Of course, we had to wear those softball blue shirts...

• Like 1

If I  play in a slo-pitch tournament tonight in which the umpire is one of my best buddies who claims to use U-E but whom I've never seen here, does that still count?  One day I'll make it to a big city and a UE-ite will have to suffer me. AND my navy polos.

We can't count that...or the navy polos.