Register or Sign In to remove these ads
jpperez14

jaksa roder manual

Register or Sign In to remove these ads
johnnyg08    1,498

I would wait.  They redesigned all of the rules and some of the interpretations have changed. 

Email Rick and ask his advice.  I wanted to buy one of his products a few years ago and he flat out told me not to buy it because it was old and outdated.

• Like 1

johnnyg08    1,498

Speaking about old versions of Jaksa/Roder, if somebody have the 2004 edition and is willing to part ways with it let me know, please.

That might be the version I have.  I will have to check. 

jpperez14    89

They took the money from my account on the 2nd of this month, but I haven't seen anything in the mail yet. I sent an email twice, but no response.

johnnyg08    1,498

Honestly, he may have had to get one printed.  Who knows how much inventory he keeps on hand.  

I've emailed back and forth with Rick before.  He's a good guy.

On the 2nd, with the 4th of July holiday, tomorrow is ten business days.  It's not terribly long...but I get it, it's your money and you'd like the book sooner than later.  If he's running behind, there's no harm in letting you know.

jpperez14    89

I wasn't given a tracking number or anything so I had no idea what was going on, but tofay in my mailbox was the manual. I guess I should just be patient -__-. I heard it was really good, so I went ahead and got one.

• Like 1

johnnyg08    1,498

That's awesome.  Enjoy.  

Just for fun what's the copyright date of the manual?  I'm wondering if there are any changes in there...mainly the feint to third rule change.  (I'm checking for updates)

udbrky    240
On 6/17/2017 at 11:17 PM, matt29 said:

2017 edition is out. Mine was delivered on Monday. 

Recommended reading?

johnnyg08    1,498
On 6/20/2017 at 0:51 AM, udbrky said:

Recommended reading?

Tough to say...years ago it was one of the only interp manuals available. 

Now the MLBUM, MiLBUM, WUM, and BRD up until this year are all easy to get and are more authoritative than J/R. 

At that price point, I'm going to wait since I typically get the MLBUM and MiLBUM each year.

I would be happy to be sold on buying one though. 

What says the group? 

conbo61    618
1 minute ago, johnnyg08 said:

Tough to say...years ago it was one of the only interp manuals available. 

Now the MLBUM, MiLBUM, WUM, and BRD up until this year are all easy to get and are more authoritative than J/R. 

At that price point, I'm going to wait since I typically get the MLBUM and MiLBUM each year.

I would be happy to be sold on buying one though. 

What says the group? 

I was wondering if it is merely an update with the new rule numbering.

Where do you pick up the MLBUM?  I guess the BRD took a year off with the passing of Carl.

johnnyg08    1,498
2 minutes ago, conbo61 said:

I was wondering if it is merely an update with the new rule numbering.

Where do you pick up the MLBUM?  I guess the BRD took a year off with the passing of Carl.

Yeah, at that price point, I'm going to need to be sold on it. Back in the day it was a "must have" publication.

BCBrad    52

I got my copy on Monday, after the pony express crossed the border. Took a little while to get here, but considering it is a one man show, I'm happy. 

I got the WUM and MiLBUM last year and I have a 13th edition Jaksa/Roder, and each of the three complement each other. I learn so much each time I crack a new volume open. As for the cost, it is probably worth it for the information. I have no problem with the 14th edition. It is updated with the new MLB coding. 

My question is: is the 13th edition of any value? I am thinking of giving it to a younger/developing umpire.