jaksa roder manual

jpperez14
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2167 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Honestly, he may have had to get one printed.  Who knows how much inventory he keeps on hand.  

I've emailed back and forth with Rick before.  He's a good guy.

On the 2nd, with the 4th of July holiday, tomorrow is ten business days.  It's not terribly long...but I get it, it's your money and you'd like the book sooner than later.  If he's running behind, there's no harm in letting you know.

I wasn't given a tracking number or anything so I had no idea what was going on, but tofay in my mailbox was the manual. I guess I should just be patient -__-. I heard it was really good, so I went ahead and got one.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/20/2017 at 0:51 AM, udbrky said:

Recommended reading?

Tough to say...years ago it was one of the only interp manuals available. 

Now the MLBUM, MiLBUM, WUM, and BRD up until this year are all easy to get and are more authoritative than J/R. 

At that price point, I'm going to wait since I typically get the MLBUM and MiLBUM each year.

I would be happy to be sold on buying one though. 

What says the group? 

1 minute ago, johnnyg08 said:

Tough to say...years ago it was one of the only interp manuals available. 

Now the MLBUM, MiLBUM, WUM, and BRD up until this year are all easy to get and are more authoritative than J/R. 

At that price point, I'm going to wait since I typically get the MLBUM and MiLBUM each year.

I would be happy to be sold on buying one though. 

What says the group? 

I was wondering if it is merely an update with the new rule numbering.

Where do you pick up the MLBUM?  I guess the BRD took a year off with the passing of Carl.

2 minutes ago, conbo61 said:

I was wondering if it is merely an update with the new rule numbering.

Where do you pick up the MLBUM?  I guess the BRD took a year off with the passing of Carl.

Yeah, at that price point, I'm going to need to be sold on it. Back in the day it was a "must have" publication.

• 1 month later...

I got my copy on Monday, after the pony express crossed the border. Took a little while to get here, but considering it is a one man show, I'm happy. 

I got the WUM and MiLBUM last year and I have a 13th edition Jaksa/Roder, and each of the three complement each other. I learn so much each time I crack a new volume open. As for the cost, it is probably worth it for the information. I have no problem with the 14th edition. It is updated with the new MLB coding. 

My question is: is the 13th edition of any value? I am thinking of giving it to a younger/developing umpire. 

• 8 months later...