Mask Pads

smoyer
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3210 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Speaking as a guy who fancies himself a boot black and general leather care aficionado I tend to be very careful about what I put on my leather pads (or boots or whatever)  I love using saddle soap to clean the pads, plus I kinda dig the smell of the stuff so that's all I use. The only other thing I might use is some dubbin which can help make the leather softer and give it a bit of a nice smell.  Another good rule of thumb is if it isn't good for your skin, it's not going to be overly good for the leather either.. and stay away from anything that has fats in it (I've seen some leather conditioners with fats in them....) as they will tend to go rancid ans start stinking in short order when combined with the heat and humdity from your face and the weather.