First Game in Two Years

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2564 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I spent all of last summer working for the media staff of the Southern Ohio Copperheads, a premiere wood bat team in the Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League, and didn't get a chance to hit the field.  This season, I've been at Fort Benning, GA since January for some fun fun training, and just got back this week.

One of my first phone calls was to my league director asking if there were any games left, and last night I was back on the field!

High school summer softball league, two games in two and a half hours, not a single complaint or agitation, and very good ball.  Couldn't ask for a better homecoming!

If I randomly dropped a conversation with anyone from here, I do apologize, but I am back and look forward to interacting with you crazy folks once again.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Still a few years away from finding my place in the night sky ;) Heck, I'm still a year or so from those railroad tracks.  But, if you're told you get to learn to drive and shoot a tank, you can't turn that opportunity down, no matter what's on your collar!

16 minutes ago, mr magoo said:

Thank you for your service to our country

Amen!

When you said Benning, I was thinking you must be in Airborne school.  I thought tanks were mostly at Knox and Sill.   Either way, congrats on the tank driving - that must be a blast!

Bottom line - have fun out there LT.