Best Weekend Ever

ElkOil
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3214 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

15U country tournament.  Three of us assigned to 13 games over three days.  Two of us shacked up in my RV.  I had worked with our crew chief just one other time and neither of us had worked before with the third member of the crew.

The point of this long story made short is that we laughed all weekend long and called great ball. No troubles, no problems, no on-field arguments.  We all got along like old friends.  Parents, players and coaches all told us we did a great job and thanked us.  

I'm sore, my knees hate me and I feel like I've been put through the wringer, but I'd do it again in a second.  

This past weekend is what baseball and umpiring is all about.

• Like 5

Cool beans. The only thing I could think of to improve the story is beer.

​None of us are drinkers, believe it or not!  Just lots and lots of water/gatorade mix.  The weather was 95 degrees and sunny all weekend.  Couldn't ask for anything better.

​None of us are drinkers, believe it or not!  Just lots and lots of water/gatorade mix.  The weather was 95 degrees and sunny all weekend.  Couldn't ask for anything better.

​I would have asked for 75 and sunny, but that's me! :wave: 

• Like 1